For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
unscaved's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, March 4th, 2015 7:47 PM

Android 5 lollipop coming to galaxy s5?

When will Samsung Galaxy S5 receive Android lollipop update on AT&T?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

No one knows except in a blog post it says its coming soon.

Mentor

• 

93 Messages

9 years ago

I was hoping today since Rogers just pushed theirs and ATT is usually right behind them, but alas we are still waiting.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

Traditionally, AT&T doesn't announce (or even hint at) a release date. Usually the announcement is something like "Today, AT&T will begin pushing the (insert name here) to subscribers OTA". You're just as likely to wake up to a notice on your phone that an update is available.

And the other carriers aren't any better about releasing information on updates.

Mentor

• 

93 Messages

9 years ago

They don't have to tell us when, but months behind everyone else is unacceptable. If it has bugs then fix them, but at least give customers a chance to try it. Make us sign a disclaimer or something and release it only to those that have.

The part that bugs me is that ATT is clearly releasing 5.01 to OTHER phones currently and S5 users are still in the dark. Considering the Galaxy S5 was supposed to be their Flagship phone, they sure aren't acting like it.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

At@t is a great disappoint! Verizon tmobile and even sprint have gotten the update out with very few issues. Yet at@t still does not and claim they r testing etc for bugs. We all know that is bogus or they r just trying to maximize bloatware in it. I am getting close to simply paying off phone and getting s6 with Verizon where apparently they care about their customers and provide updates.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Wow. So now AT@T you are pre-ordering the s6! The arogance. I tell anyone looking at AT@T for the S6 to look elsewhere until AT@T wants to help their existing flagship customers whom trusted them for the S5 and have let down.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.