Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 30, 2014
8:19:34 PM
View profile
Android 4.3 Ruined my Note 2 - I Want the Old Version That Worked Back
Edited by BillikenHawkeye on Mar 30, 2014 at 8:29:40 PM

Dear ATT/Samsung/Google or whomever is responsible for this horrible update: 

I was perfectly happy with my Galaxy Note 2 until this disasterous upgrade to Android 4.3 was forced upon my phone. It worked just fine before but the update literally has ruined my phone. I had no idea what I was downloading when I got the notification from ATT and had I known that it was a new version of Android I probably wouldn't have downloaded it because these things always seem to ruin perfectly good phones. 

I WANT MY OLD PHONE BACK! 

Since downloading Android 4.3 the phone has become almost unusable. Here are a list of problems:

*The battery life is horrible. I get maybe 4 hours of life out of the battery with only light use. It previously lasted most of the day with moderate use. The battery drains faster than a keg of beer at a fraternity party. 

*The phone no longer rings when it is charging, nor will other alarm works when it is charging either. Since I'm now constantly charging the phone, I'm now missing notifications and phone calls because it won't ring or vibrate. 

*When the phone is charging, the clock won't update. I'll turn the phone on and the clock shows the wrong time. It usually takes a minute before it shows the right time, assuming the phone isn't locked up. I can't use the alarm clock features on the phone any more. They just don't work. 

*It's buggy and slow. This phone used to be a cheetah. Android 4.3 now responds like a college student who drank too much at a party. 

*The screen constantly locks up and I constantly have to pull out the battery to restart it to get it to unfreeze. 

*I can't access certain applications like the Gallary to view photos. Ruined. 

*I can't download files/photos attached to emails anymore. 

I don't know why it's doing this, and I dont' really care and I don't want to have to do a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo like rooting the device and spending hours to get it to work properly. The phone worked perfectly before, and now it sucks.

FIX IT!!!

I don't care about all the new features on Android 4.3. I just want a device that works, and I don't want to have to spend a lot of time troubleshooting it making it work - and I certainly don't want to have to go to an ATT store where some salesperson will just try to sell me a new phone.

Give me my Android back!!

I seriously wonder if ATT/Samsung/Google purposefully sends out buggy "upgrades" that aren't compatible with "older" phones (this phone is less than a year old!) just so people will get frustrated with their phones so they will go buy new ones. 

Dear ATT/Samsung/Google or whomever is responsible for this horrible update: 

I was perfectly happy with my Galaxy Note 2 until this disasterous upgrade to Android 4.3 was forced upon my phone. It worked just fine before but the update literally has ruined my phone. I had no idea what I was downloading when I got the notification from ATT and had I known that it was a new version of Android I probably wouldn't have downloaded it because these things always seem to ruin perfectly good phones. 

I WANT MY OLD PHONE BACK! 

Since downloading Android 4.3 the phone has become almost unusable. Here are a list of problems:

*The battery life is horrible. I get maybe 4 hours of life out of the battery with only light use. It previously lasted most of the day with moderate use. The battery drains faster than a keg of beer at a fraternity party. 

*The phone no longer rings when it is charging, nor will other alarm works when it is charging either. Since I'm now constantly charging the phone, I'm now missing notifications and phone calls because it won't ring or vibrate. 

*When the phone is charging, the clock won't update. I'll turn the phone on and the clock shows the wrong time. It usually takes a minute before it shows the right time, assuming the phone isn't locked up. I can't use the alarm clock features on the phone any more. They just don't work. 

*It's buggy and slow. This phone used to be a cheetah. Android 4.3 now responds like a college student who drank too much at a party. 

*The screen constantly locks up and I constantly have to pull out the battery to restart it to get it to unfreeze. 

*I can't access certain applications like the Gallary to view photos. Ruined. 

*I can't download files/photos attached to emails anymore. 

I don't know why it's doing this, and I dont' really care and I don't want to have to do a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo like rooting the device and spending hours to get it to work properly. The phone worked perfectly before, and now it sucks.

FIX IT!!!

I don't care about all the new features on Android 4.3. I just want a device that works, and I don't want to have to spend a lot of time troubleshooting it making it work - and I certainly don't want to have to go to an ATT store where some salesperson will just try to sell me a new phone.

Give me my Android back!!

I seriously wonder if ATT/Samsung/Google purposefully sends out buggy "upgrades" that aren't compatible with "older" phones (this phone is less than a year old!) just so people will get frustrated with their phones so they will go buy new ones. 

Android 4.3 Ruined my Note 2 - I Want the Old Version That Worked Back

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2014 5:35:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Have you tried a hard reset? You will lose all data on the phone so make sure to fully back up everything first, but after an OS upgrade a hard reset is usually recommended.
Have you tried a hard reset? You will lose all data on the phone so make sure to fully back up everything first, but after an OS upgrade a hard reset is usually recommended.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Android 4.3 Ruined my Note 2 - I Want the Old Version That Worked Back

2 of 3 (2,673 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2014 6:48:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

the one thing I learned with samsung is to wipe the phone when you upgrade android versions.  as for your battery problem you have a app that is killing the battery that 4.3 does not like.

the one thing I learned with samsung is to wipe the phone when you upgrade android versions.  as for your battery problem you have a app that is killing the battery that 4.3 does not like.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Android 4.3 Ruined my Note 2 - I Want the Old Version That Worked Back

3 of 3 (2,665 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments