The Samsung Galaxy S24
whatevf's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, November 9th, 2012 10:47 PM

Android 4.1.2 update for Note 2

Anyone know when the android 4.1.2 update would be rolled out to the Note 2? Just received the Note 2, but unfortunately corporate email, vpn, and other stuff does not work any more due to bugs in 4.1.1 which were fixed in 4.1.2 (as verified by 4.1.2 on my N7).

So my Note 2 is essentially useless until I can get to my corporate email.

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

My corp email works on my Note 2 with exchange

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Have you spoken to your IT department about your new device?  Maybe there are some changes that have to be made in Outlook to get it to accept the Note II.  I receive my corporate email just fine on my Note II.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=35326

The bug described in the link above is fixed in 4.1.2.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Folks,

Here's the deal...

You're in a dungeon below the AT&T corperate folks up in the castle.  See...you're already a paying and loyal subject in their kingdom and they hold all the power, so why should they care about your trivial issues when the "whole" of the kingdom is still prosperous?  I know...I know...it's depressing, but that's just the way it works.  The majority of your forum posts are read by administrative pawns at the lowest level and their sole purpose is to filter and keep the uprising contained by not bringing it to the King/Queen's attention.  He/she assumes that all is well in the kingdom as their minions ruthlessly quell the masses from uprising.  It's the story of most big business. 

It would be amazing if someone actually listened though!  Alas, but not in this forum.  Has anyone received just "One" reply other than we're working on it?  LOL   The whole business management and customer satisfaction thing is all a back seat process these days...

Sad really...

Oh yeah...I have the Note 2, but I'm not holding my breath on anything coming from the top, false promises or whatever.  It is what it is!  Enjoy your phone for what Samsung/Google gave you...not for what AT&T has to offer.  They don't make or write software for the Note 2 other than their few apps I don't really want or can't delete.  I digress...

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

I don't even bother asking questions on this forum. The only help I ever get is from the members. AT&T is never going to answer any questions

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

squint0241 wrote:

It would be amazing if someone actually listened though!  Alas, but not in this forum.  Has anyone received just "One" reply other than we're working on it?  LOL  

_______

I have received help on this forum from AT&T for account-specific issues.  I usually am not a participant in the "when is the update going to be released" threads, so I can't comment on responses there.  However, the only response we'll ever get as customers (that's meaningful) will be that the update has been released.  That information is usually given in a press release long-before I ever read it in the forum anyway.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T employs over 300,000 people.  I just want to take about 6 of them (Software engineers) and have them write a patch to get the current Android software upgrade (4.1.2) out to the customers before Verizon releases their Note 2 this week   Is that asking too much?...lol 

AT&T...show us that you're better than they are!  Maybe you should employ some of the folks over at XDA developers who are talented at software programing...

P.S.  I like your Network coverage, but that's about it...

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Just checked for updates today on my Note II and behold...178Mb update with 4.1.2 !!

Scholar

• 

62 Messages

11 years ago

I filed a BBB complaint and got a response from the CEO's office and the executive group. I requested they read this note: http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Angry-with-AT-amp-T-meddling-and-blocking-upgrades-on-Android/td-p/3389447
Please provide a respectable complaint here and perhaps it will get some attention....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Well said. The other thing about this update that angered me was the fact that AT&T removed the ability to modify the notification bar. There are some things I don't need quick access to and would like to remove. Conversely, there are things I would love to add. The fact that someone at AT&T can arbitrarily decide to remove things that Google added as great features of the OS really sucks. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I just needed to vent. AT&T you suck.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.