Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 30, 2012
4:56:18 AM
View profile
Android 4.0 ICS for SGH-i777 Samsung Galaxy S2 (Not Sky Rocket)

I would like to know when we can expect the Android 4.0 update to roll out for our phones. I know ATT sucks when it comes to giving out updates to their customers.

I just want to find out if anyone knows anything.

I would like to know when we can expect the Android 4.0 update to roll out for our phones. I know ATT sucks when it comes to giving out updates to their customers.

I just want to find out if anyone knows anything.

Android 4.0 ICS for SGH-i777 Samsung Galaxy S2 (Not Sky Rocket)

40 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(40)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 5:21:04 AM
(0)
Scholar

IMHO it will be months before they release it for the GSII, its a shame but AT&T seems to drag their feet when it comes to releasing OS updates...  I went through this with waiting for WP7 updates before with my old the WP7 Focus, when the Galaxy S2 was released I jumped ship... .  

I've been running ICS on my Galaxy S2 for almost a week and have to say its VERY nice!!   (No not the AT&T version lol).  ALTHOUGH there are rumors the Galaxy S3 w/ICS will be coming out in May with ICS already running so maybe AT&T will drag their feet until the summer in hopes of getting customers to jump on it and extend their contracts.. that would be sad indeed for those waiting..

IMHO it will be months before they release it for the GSII, its a shame but AT&T seems to drag their feet when it comes to releasing OS updates...  I went through this with waiting for WP7 updates before with my old the WP7 Focus, when the Galaxy S2 was released I jumped ship... .  

I've been running ICS on my Galaxy S2 for almost a week and have to say its VERY nice!!   (No not the AT&T version lol).  ALTHOUGH there are rumors the Galaxy S3 w/ICS will be coming out in May with ICS already running so maybe AT&T will drag their feet until the summer in hopes of getting customers to jump on it and extend their contracts.. that would be sad indeed for those waiting..

Re: Android 4.0 ICS for SGH-i777 Samsung Galaxy S2 (Not Sky Rocket)

2 of 41 (24,955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 7:03:01 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by foxbat121 on Mar 30, 2012 at 7:03:48 AM

There was an ICS leak for AT&T GS2 (i777) this week (as well as a leak for Skyrocket a day earlier), firmware version UCLC2. It was a supprisingly stable build but still have a few critical bugs in it. From the naming, it is the second build in the month of March. So, assume there will be some testing by AT&T in March and rejected (due to those bugs) and we are looking at another build from Samsung either at the end of March or Arpil. Then, another month or two testing. So, I'd say it will be end of May or June at the earliest for the official AT&T release, assuming GS3 is not coming out around the summer for AT&T. Otherwise, it will be further delayed.

There was an ICS leak for AT&T GS2 (i777) this week (as well as a leak for Skyrocket a day earlier), firmware version UCLC2. It was a supprisingly stable build but still have a few critical bugs in it. From the naming, it is the second build in the month of March. So, assume there will be some testing by AT&T in March and rejected (due to those bugs) and we are looking at another build from Samsung either at the end of March or Arpil. Then, another month or two testing. So, I'd say it will be end of May or June at the earliest for the official AT&T release, assuming GS3 is not coming out around the summer for AT&T. Otherwise, it will be further delayed.

[ Edited ]
3 of 41 (24,904 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 11:32:11 AM
(0)
Guru

The Monday UCLC2 leak was abysmally poor - it's obvious that AT&T is again doing the "force Samsung to make unnecessary customizations that break things" deal again.  UCLC2 is clearly based on an older codebase than the I9100 ICS release, and has all sorts of things broken in it that aren't broken in XXLPQ or XWLP2 - without fixing ANY of the things that are broken in those releases.

The leak didn't even have NFC, which is the ONLY thing I777-specific we're missing now.

I've been bouncing back and forth between XWLP2 and CyanogenMOD 9 on my I777 since last Friday - no more Gingerbread for me (other than going back to test how something worked back then.)

Touchwizzed ICS is a major disappointment - it's not really much of an improvement over Gingerbread.

CM9, however, is far more polished than CM7 ever was on our device, and is probably going to be in a nearly 100% state before even another AT&T leak comes out - despite the CM team having to work against Samsung instead of with them.

The Monday UCLC2 leak was abysmally poor - it's obvious that AT&T is again doing the "force Samsung to make unnecessary customizations that break things" deal again.  UCLC2 is clearly based on an older codebase than the I9100 ICS release, and has all sorts of things broken in it that aren't broken in XXLPQ or XWLP2 - without fixing ANY of the things that are broken in those releases.

The leak didn't even have NFC, which is the ONLY thing I777-specific we're missing now.

I've been bouncing back and forth between XWLP2 and CyanogenMOD 9 on my I777 since last Friday - no more Gingerbread for me (other than going back to test how something worked back then.)

Touchwizzed ICS is a major disappointment - it's not really much of an improvement over Gingerbread.

CM9, however, is far more polished than CM7 ever was on our device, and is probably going to be in a nearly 100% state before even another AT&T leak comes out - despite the CM team having to work against Samsung instead of with them.

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

4 of 41 (24,810 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 11:37:04 AM
(0)
Scholar

The only version I see on there is for the international version. I have the sgh--i777 which does not have the center buton. Where can I find this for my phone?

The only version I see on there is for the international version. I have the sgh--i777 which does not have the center buton. Where can I find this for my phone?

5 of 41 (24,807 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2012 10:38:00 AM
(0)
Scholar
Google it, moderators don't look kindly on steering customers in that direction Smiley Happy there are already a few solid ones available for our i777, my present one is rock solid, I won't even think of messing with the att version when ever it gets released, prob have a Galaxy S3 in my hand by then lol
Google it, moderators don't look kindly on steering customers in that direction Smiley Happy there are already a few solid ones available for our i777, my present one is rock solid, I won't even think of messing with the att version when ever it gets released, prob have a Galaxy S3 in my hand by then lol

6 of 41 (24,516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 6:59:17 AM
(0)
Guru

pmt1209 wrote:

As long as you don't use SetCPU screen-off profiles you'll be fine.  If you use them, you're likely to uncover some oddball Samsung bugs not caught because they never test changing CPU frequency limits.  I've fixed most of the issues but there are still a few glitches that only seem to appear if you try to mess with CPU min/max frequency limits.

pmt1209 wrote:

As long as you don't use SetCPU screen-off profiles you'll be fine.  If you use them, you're likely to uncover some oddball Samsung bugs not caught because they never test changing CPU frequency limits.  I've fixed most of the issues but there are still a few glitches that only seem to appear if you try to mess with CPU min/max frequency limits.

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

7 of 41 (24,413 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2012 9:20:16 AM
(0)
Teacher

In case, AT&T thinks that we have given up. I still want my ICS!

In case, AT&T thinks that we have given up. I still want my ICS!

8 of 41 (23,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2012 11:23:46 AM
(0)
Teacher

i want my ice cream sandwich too, I paid good money for my galaxy s2., upgrade my OS or give me a refund at&t.......... And I'll go to sprint or Verizon who has unlimited data and ICE CREAM SANDWICH 

i want my ice cream sandwich too, I paid good money for my galaxy s2., upgrade my OS or give me a refund at&t.......... And I'll go to sprint or Verizon who has unlimited data and ICE CREAM SANDWICH 

9 of 41 (23,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2012 11:59:47 AM
(0)
Employee
Verizon doesn't have unlimited data and only has 1 phone with ICS. Sprint just got their first ICS phone today. Att has one, its the vivid. If you really want ICS root your phone, if you're unwilling to then you don't really want it
Verizon doesn't have unlimited data and only has 1 phone with ICS. Sprint just got their first ICS phone today. Att has one, its the vivid. If you really want ICS root your phone, if you're unwilling to then you don't really want it
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 41 (22,993 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2012 1:00:46 PM
(0)
Teacher

no i will not void my warrenty on a device im planning on getting a refund for... regardless of what you say, at&t is most likely withholding this update to force customers into longer contracts for the galaxy s3

no i will not void my warrenty on a device im planning on getting a refund for... regardless of what you say, at&t is most likely withholding this update to force customers into longer contracts for the galaxy s3

11 of 41 (22,982 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2012 6:29:44 PM
(0)
Master

The latest leak (UCLD3, 3rd build in April) still have some obvious bugs (like Swype keyboard still broken). So, it is not ready for release yet even if AT&T wants to.

Sprint has the worst data speeds according to the recent mobile data speed survey. AT&T really doesn't worry too much that you will jump ship to Sprint at all. You can't have unlimited data on Verizon any more. So, AT&T is safe as long as customers don't jump to its sole competitor, Verizon.

As for your 'refund'. You will be lucky if AT&T didn't ask you for ETFSmiley Happy

The latest leak (UCLD3, 3rd build in April) still have some obvious bugs (like Swype keyboard still broken). So, it is not ready for release yet even if AT&T wants to.

Sprint has the worst data speeds according to the recent mobile data speed survey. AT&T really doesn't worry too much that you will jump ship to Sprint at all. You can't have unlimited data on Verizon any more. So, AT&T is safe as long as customers don't jump to its sole competitor, Verizon.

As for your 'refund'. You will be lucky if AT&T didn't ask you for ETFSmiley Happy

12 of 41 (22,920 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2012 3:42:17 AM
(0)
Contributor

Of course there is always the case of them ranking last or near last for JD Power's cellular services and Verizon ranking near the top.  AT&T probably does not care about me jumping ship to Verizon when the time comes but when their prices increase and the services offer decrease a lot more people will be jumping ship as well.

Of course there is always the case of them ranking last or near last for JD Power's cellular services and Verizon ranking near the top.  AT&T probably does not care about me jumping ship to Verizon when the time comes but when their prices increase and the services offer decrease a lot more people will be jumping ship as well.

13 of 41 (22,794 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2012 11:35:57 AM
(0)
Scholar
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

14 of 41 (22,107 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2012 7:41:44 AM
(0)
Guru

redhot4400 wrote:

you may check the link below:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00046726&fm_seq=49755#

Thanx in Advance

Pretty worthless, just says an upgrade is coming not when.  Remember, the Infuse Gingerbread upgrade was announced last August - we didn't see a first attempt until early February, and that was a failure that got pulled, with the second attempt not until April.

AT&T continues to insist on mangling the I777 firmware with useless customization that do nothing but break it.  The I777 leaks lag at LEAST a month behind I9100 firmware releases, even though it took me only a few evenings of my spare time and one Saturda to get I9100 firmwares running on the I777.  Any AT&T or Samsung developer (with actual documentation of the deivce) could have done it in 1-2 hours.

On top of that, AT&T has managed to shoehorn dangerous bugs into the UCLD3 leak that don't exist in any I9100 firmware release.  The UCLD3 kernel has a dangerous bug in the MMC driver that can cause permanent damage to the phone's internal storage, leading to a rash of hardbricks that can't even be recovered via JTAG.  The XDA I777 community has been almost completely free of hardbricks since the device launched in October - since the UCLD3 leak we've seen probably 10-20 hardbricks or more, all related to doing a wipe/factory reset using the UCLD3 kernel.  Most of those were wipes using Clockworkmod recovery, however I'm fairly certain wipes in stock recovery will have the same risks.  (CWM recovery has been 100% rock-solid stable on every other kernel for the I777.)

redhot4400 wrote:

you may check the link below:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00046726&fm_seq=49755#

Thanx in Advance

Pretty worthless, just says an upgrade is coming not when.  Remember, the Infuse Gingerbread upgrade was announced last August - we didn't see a first attempt until early February, and that was a failure that got pulled, with the second attempt not until April.

AT&T continues to insist on mangling the I777 firmware with useless customization that do nothing but break it.  The I777 leaks lag at LEAST a month behind I9100 firmware releases, even though it took me only a few evenings of my spare time and one Saturda to get I9100 firmwares running on the I777.  Any AT&T or Samsung developer (with actual documentation of the deivce) could have done it in 1-2 hours.

On top of that, AT&T has managed to shoehorn dangerous bugs into the UCLD3 leak that don't exist in any I9100 firmware release.  The UCLD3 kernel has a dangerous bug in the MMC driver that can cause permanent damage to the phone's internal storage, leading to a rash of hardbricks that can't even be recovered via JTAG.  The XDA I777 community has been almost completely free of hardbricks since the device launched in October - since the UCLD3 leak we've seen probably 10-20 hardbricks or more, all related to doing a wipe/factory reset using the UCLD3 kernel.  Most of those were wipes using Clockworkmod recovery, however I'm fairly certain wipes in stock recovery will have the same risks.  (CWM recovery has been 100% rock-solid stable on every other kernel for the I777.)

15 of 41 (21,937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2012 3:46:58 PM
(0)
Scholar

They're probably going to do the same thing they did with the sony ericsson x10. Last year when Sony (SE at the time) released 2.1 in November, it took AT&T until the following spring to release the update to customers. When they release Gingerbread for the x10, AT&T wasn't even going to offer that upgrade. I didn't want to wait for them to do the upgrade so I flashed my x10 to the generic LAM firmware and got 2.1 OTA.

As soon as I find a good ROM for the i777 based off the unlocked SGS2 that got ICS a couple of weeks ago I'm flashing mine. I can't stand waiting on AT&T to catch up to everyone else.

They're probably going to do the same thing they did with the sony ericsson x10. Last year when Sony (SE at the time) released 2.1 in November, it took AT&T until the following spring to release the update to customers. When they release Gingerbread for the x10, AT&T wasn't even going to offer that upgrade. I didn't want to wait for them to do the upgrade so I flashed my x10 to the generic LAM firmware and got 2.1 OTA.

As soon as I find a good ROM for the i777 based off the unlocked SGS2 that got ICS a couple of weeks ago I'm flashing mine. I can't stand waiting on AT&T to catch up to everyone else.

16 of 41 (21,852 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2012 4:50:13 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by ShaunMN on May 2, 2012 at 5:14:56 PM

{word filter evasions}

If the iPhone 5 has a larger screen I'm going back, I'm sick of this waiting half a year for an update

And I'll get my phone with Version.

{word filter evasions}

If the iPhone 5 has a larger screen I'm going back, I'm sick of this waiting half a year for an update

[ Edited ]
17 of 41 (21,836 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2012 7:05:09 PM
(0)
Professor

Since when has AT&T ever been timely with firmware updates?

(Sadly..) 'Nuff said.

Since when has AT&T ever been timely with firmware updates?

(Sadly..) 'Nuff said.

18 of 41 (21,807 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2012 12:31:26 AM
(0)
Employee
Since when has any carrier been on top of the update game
Since when has any carrier been on top of the update game
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

19 of 41 (21,759 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2012 8:17:36 AM
(0)
Guru

fortex24 wrote:

{word filter evasions}

You won't be any better off with other North American carriers, VZW is just as bad with updates.  The VZW GNex was the ONLY GNex to still be stuck on 4.0.2 until this week, every other GNex was promptly updated.  Just like AT&T, nearly all of their non-Nexus phones are taking forever for ICS updates.

fortex24 wrote:

{word filter evasions}

You won't be any better off with other North American carriers, VZW is just as bad with updates.  The VZW GNex was the ONLY GNex to still be stuck on 4.0.2 until this week, every other GNex was promptly updated.  Just like AT&T, nearly all of their non-Nexus phones are taking forever for ICS updates.

20 of 41 (21,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2012 8:32:05 AM
(0)
Mentor

That is true, all carriers (not only North American) cripple the devices on purpose and use the phrase "you are going to void your warranty" if you try to use your phone as it should work as "mind handcuffs".

Any one with a basic reading comprehension and ability to follow instructions carefully can take advantage of the ocean of information that is out there.

My SII is 3 days old and running ICS so smooth and I am so happy with it, it s almost uneasy. I find no point anymore in complaining to the carriers about crippling our devices and not giving us updates on time. I lost faith a long time.

That is true, all carriers (not only North American) cripple the devices on purpose and use the phrase "you are going to void your warranty" if you try to use your phone as it should work as "mind handcuffs".

Any one with a basic reading comprehension and ability to follow instructions carefully can take advantage of the ocean of information that is out there.

My SII is 3 days old and running ICS so smooth and I am so happy with it, it s almost uneasy. I find no point anymore in complaining to the carriers about crippling our devices and not giving us updates on time. I lost faith a long time.

No one should take away time from things that matter to make a $600+ device work as advertised, unfortunately we do...

21 of 41 (21,502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2012 1:21:37 PM
(0)
Voyager

Wow, so much thread crapping in these forums.  Does anyone know have any real information related to the ICS update for this phone?  And no, rooting is not an option for everyone.  Some of us want to keep our warranties.  Saying we don't really want ICS because we're not willing to root is ignorant.  I have the Vivid and am loving ICS...am eagerly waiting for the update for my wife's S2.

Wow, so much thread crapping in these forums.  Does anyone know have any real information related to the ICS update for this phone?  And no, rooting is not an option for everyone.  Some of us want to keep our warranties.  Saying we don't really want ICS because we're not willing to root is ignorant.  I have the Vivid and am loving ICS...am eagerly waiting for the update for my wife's S2.

22 of 41 (21,427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2012 1:50:32 PM
(0)
Guru

jckat2000 wrote:

No one ever has release dates.

All I can tell you is - There's no way UCLD3 is going to go live, and if it does go live, AT&T is stupid.  UCLD3 has a serious kernel bug that can cause permanent hardware damage.

If you want prompt updates, you need to buy an unlocked international device.

jckat2000 wrote:

No one ever has release dates.

All I can tell you is - There's no way UCLD3 is going to go live, and if it does go live, AT&T is stupid.  UCLD3 has a serious kernel bug that can cause permanent hardware damage.

If you want prompt updates, you need to buy an unlocked international device.

23 of 41 (21,414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2012 10:20:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

i think UPDATE is coming soon...as previously when i used to update OTA , it was saying ATT server busy...but now its coming your software currently upto date...

so ATT is really doing something inside

i think UPDATE is coming soon...as previously when i used to update OTA , it was saying ATT server busy...but now its coming your software currently upto date...

so ATT is really doing something inside

24 of 41 (21,319 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2012 8:36:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
While there is no ETA on the release of ICS, you can still customize your Android device to the ICS theme while you wait for the release as well. Smiley Wink

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, an AT&T LTE smartphone. Experience speeds up to 10x faster than 3G.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
While there is no ETA on the release of ICS, you can still customize your Android device to the ICS theme while you wait for the release as well. Smiley Wink

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, an AT&T LTE smartphone. Experience speeds up to 10x faster than 3G.
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

25 of 41 (21,073 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2012 7:41:27 AM
(0)
Scholar

Wow, so your best response is that you all suck? Smiley Very Happy  I'm no fan of Apple, but at least they identified the carriers as being the problem with updates, and proceeded to cut them out of the process!  I'd be *so* much happier if the Android makers had been able to do the same thing.

Wow, so your best response is that you all suck? Smiley Very Happy  I'm no fan of Apple, but at least they identified the carriers as being the problem with updates, and proceeded to cut them out of the process!  I'd be *so* much happier if the Android makers had been able to do the same thing.

26 of 41 (20,873 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2012 9:45:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Well Samsung does have the Galaxy Nexus which does not require the carriers to approve the update and it comes directly from Google. Smiley Wink

Posted from my iPhone 4S on AT&T, the nation's fastest 4G network.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Well Samsung does have the Galaxy Nexus which does not require the carriers to approve the update and it comes directly from Google. Smiley Wink

Posted from my iPhone 4S on AT&T, the nation's fastest 4G network.
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

27 of 41 (20,841 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2012 10:07:56 AM
(0)
Mentor

Agree with you bmgoodman.  Not sure why ATT insist on being software developers.  Maybe there are more profit on it than I I understand and also as a platform to block any software that can intrude in their profit margin (VOIP apps, wallet apps, messaging apps) as they learned a hard lesson with imessenger.  I guess expecting a service provider to just make money off service plans is too mcuh to ask for.

Anyway, for those who are afraid of rooting in regards to warranty.  There are a few ICS releases that are rock solid.  Rooting is nothing as intrusive as "jailbreaking" in iOS and no hard bricking has been reported so far.  All you have to do is unroot before you claim your warranty.  Frankly, the ICS releases right now are already way better than whatever ATT is going to officially release in the future.  So don't worry about doing the work twice because chances are that you will never go back since the development is way more frequent and current with the "amateurs experts".

Agree with you bmgoodman.  Not sure why ATT insist on being software developers.  Maybe there are more profit on it than I I understand and also as a platform to block any software that can intrude in their profit margin (VOIP apps, wallet apps, messaging apps) as they learned a hard lesson with imessenger.  I guess expecting a service provider to just make money off service plans is too mcuh to ask for.

Anyway, for those who are afraid of rooting in regards to warranty.  There are a few ICS releases that are rock solid.  Rooting is nothing as intrusive as "jailbreaking" in iOS and no hard bricking has been reported so far.  All you have to do is unroot before you claim your warranty.  Frankly, the ICS releases right now are already way better than whatever ATT is going to officially release in the future.  So don't worry about doing the work twice because chances are that you will never go back since the development is way more frequent and current with the "amateurs experts".

28 of 41 (20,825 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2012 1:42:54 PM
(0)
Guru

takuyaah wrote:

I disagree on no hard bricking being reported - the AT&T UCLD3 leak can hardbrick you, and is the only item known to cause hardbricks.

Yes, you heard that right - the most dangerous software for your phone is an AT&T-customized package.

There's a reason the XDA I777 community has barely touched any of the AT&T leaks, and the one dev that was working with them pulled the links and closed the thread.  Simply put - GT-I9100 firmware releases provide a safer and higher quality base than anything which has ever come through AT&T's software mangling process.

takuyaah wrote:

I disagree on no hard bricking being reported - the AT&T UCLD3 leak can hardbrick you, and is the only item known to cause hardbricks.

Yes, you heard that right - the most dangerous software for your phone is an AT&T-customized package.

There's a reason the XDA I777 community has barely touched any of the AT&T leaks, and the one dev that was working with them pulled the links and closed the thread.  Simply put - GT-I9100 firmware releases provide a safer and higher quality base than anything which has ever come through AT&T's software mangling process.

29 of 41 (20,758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2012 3:23:56 PM
(0)
Mentor

You are right entropy.  I meant to say that no one reported hard bricking for the ics roms I have used.  The ATT leaked rom obviously is notorious for having issues. 

You are right entropy.  I meant to say that no one reported hard bricking for the ics roms I have used.  The ATT leaked rom obviously is notorious for having issues. 

30 of 41 (20,736 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments