The Samsung Galaxy S24
raiu's profile

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

Friday, March 30th, 2012 11:56 AM

Android 4.0 ICS for SGH-i777 Samsung Galaxy S2 (Not Sky Rocket)

I would like to know when we can expect the Android 4.0 update to roll out for our phones. I know ATT sucks when it comes to giving out updates to their customers.

I just want to find out if anyone knows anything.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

Apps are always being updated has nothing to do with att. I got my skyrocket on launch day also, didn't want to wait so I rooted my phone and put it in myself

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

12 years ago

Anyone find it Funny that Tmob launched the 4.03 update 2 days ago?? Way to go AT&T (Slackers)

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

If I recall their S II came out before the skyrocket

Scholar

• 

162 Messages

12 years ago

And this thread isn't about the skyrocket so when that came out doesn't matter. This thread is about the i777 which was released at the same time as the T-Mobile version if I remember correctly. So yeah....AT&T are in fact slackers. They probably won't release an update until after they launch the S3 to try and get more people to upgrade to that phone. I too got tired of waiting though and flashed Mystic's Glory ICS rom which is pretty slick.

Guru

• 

725 Messages

12 years ago

More importantly - Unlike the Skyrocket and T989 which have zero hardware commonality with the flagship I9100, and understandably require more work to bring up - the I777 is 99% identical to the I9100, there is no excuse for a delay of over 3 months including addition of dangerous bugs (such as the trigger conditions for the eMMC damage bug, aka "Superbrick")

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

The update to Android 4.0 Ice Scream Sandwich is now available at Samsung website.

This update is available through Windows and Mac computers using the Samsung Kies software application only. This update will not be made available over-the-air.

Go to http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SGH-I777 to get the latest Kies software. You can get more details about the upgrade from the FAQ page: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00047325&fm_seq=51324

Enjoy!

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you! I had it on my phone since Sunday morning. Now if they would just come out with for the note I would be set.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Hello JFizDaWiz, how do I root my Galaxy S2 without disrupting my apps? I was sent a message from ATT for a link to download the Android ICS, however, I'm being taken all across this particular site. I've registered so now I'm hoping to download the ICS software. Some advice from you would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brittany 9111

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I do have the problem I read about in this thread.  My Galaxy told me one time maybe a month ago  there was an update available. However the phone now states it is up to date and the Kies product also -- Lies says I have latest update with uckk6 as the latest version. 

Kies also disconnects from the phone randomly and seems generally not to be working well even after several deinstall, reboot reinstall.

ATT did say last week that the ICS was available and sent me to Samsung.  Samsung had two answers : 1. You have WIN 7 64 and we don't support 64 bit OS and 2. disable firewall as it can't be Samsung/Kies problem. Wow!  SO I went to my old XP machine and installed Kies -- tried to but it wouldn't install giving me an error message that the network connection wasn't  working.  Durrrr, I had just downloaded and in fact was browsing away. I even removed the firewall for that machine...no luck.

I know I should call them again but I thought I would check this forum to see if there is in fact a real upgrade and learn how to install.

Any thoughts?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I recently backedup my Samsung Galaxy S2 to my iMac via Kies, but now it doesn't recognize the files, messages, etc. and won't let me Restore now. Has anyone had this same problem and what program do I need to use to be able to restore my android. Thanks so much. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.