The Samsung Galaxy S24
zacling's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Friday, December 21st, 2012 7:51 PM

Android 4.0.4 for GS2, even worse than 4.0.3

Since yesterday I updated to Android 4.0.4, My phone has deadly slept for two times.

It powered off automatically--even I was not aware when it shut down--and could not power on unless I took the battery off and put it back to turn the phone on.

I had such experience on Android 4.0.3 but it was not so frequent--about once or twice per week.

Very disappointed with this new ROM.

How to sovle this problem?

Waiting for Jelly Bean, although ATT will not release it probably.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

Sleep of death again.

Did you test a ROM before releasing it?

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

Well the phone turned itself off twice within in the hour today.  ATT said that they are aware of the problem and would call me back to see if the phone is still acting up.  If so, they would send out another one and told me not to do the OTA update.  What a company.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

Oh no!  I've had a very stable phone for many months until I upgraded to 4.0.4 a couple days ago.  Now it has exhibited the "sleep of death" symptom 3 times, and occasions of massive battery drain (from 70% to 10% in 3 hours).

Is there a way to revert to the previous version?  This phone is critical for my work.

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

11 years ago

Same problem with my S2. It has shut down 3 times today on me for no reason.  Did it a couple times a week with the old version.  Would like to hear what AT&T's fix is for this.  I am not eligible for an upgrade or I would consider going back to CrApple.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

I called ATT and they confirmed that there was a bug in the software an after telling them enough was enough; I told them that the next step was to go to Verizon.  They are now sending out a HTC phone.  Funny because they said it would be an older inspire 4g, but the email states that they are shipping a HTC one x.  It does not matter to me.  Just a phone that does what it is supposed to do.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

I don't want a new phone.  I want my phone to start working.  Instead of shipping out new phones it's probably more cost effective to just actually roll out a new patch.

Scholar

• 

206 Messages

11 years ago

I don't think they actually care. They'd rather people purchase phones than support "older" phones. There is a reason they rank dead last in customer service every single year.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Same problem here I have had to reset 4 times in past 24hrs, sorry now 5 times! as I went to check my phone.

It goes to sleep and never wakes up until I remove battery. This rarely happend before the 4.04 update.

My solution after being humilated twice in 6months by AT&T and problems with SGS2 updates is to leave ATT after being a loyal customer for over 7years.

I will advice any Galaxy SII user to not update till this issue is fixed if there will ever be one.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

I cannot stand the Sleep of Death any more. I flashed a 3rd party ROM despite the warranty was therefore voided. The ROM I flashed is much stabler than the official. That's the only solution I could have. Hate AT&T and Samsung!

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

If you are running something in the background, try turning it off and see if the problem goes away.  I was using Juice Defender on my GS2 with the Task/Ktoonsez JB ROM, and it was getting the "sleep of death" once or twice a day.  That went away when I disabled Juice Defender.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.