For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
robbhicks's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, December 4th, 2016 7:56 PM

All Contacts Lost on Note 4 after software update

I updated software on my Note 4 last night and this morning found I had lost all 560 contacts. They were stored on device and were not Google contacts, which are linked to this phone/account. The Google contacts are visible if selected.

On Note 4 I went to Settings > General > Accounts > AT&T Address Book > View Sync logs and read an entry stating 560 contacts were deleted from handset and 0 contacts deleted from Server.

Assuming this referred to AT&T Server, I signed into AT&T Address Book online at https://addressbook.att.net/

I went to Settings > Snyc > Sync log. The Sync Log states 513 contacts deleted.

It seems pointless to ask how or why this occured, when my obvious question is "Can I recover those contacts?

Thank you in advance if YOU are the one who can point me in the right direction, if not actually solve this problem for me!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Att is shutting down address and sync. Now I don't know if that's the problem your having.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I lost all my contacts, too, and I am EXTREMELY upset, on my Note 4, too.  It ticks me off that the message assures us that nothing will be erased and it is ALLLLL gone.  I also did my update today.  I'm checking with my daughter to see if she lost all hers, too.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Let me know what you find out.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

UPDATE: At one point today, I went to share a moderately large file on Dropbox via text to my sister, who was driving and 'on the road,' rather than email it to her. Rather than 'share' by inviting her to share it on Dropbox, I chose to share by text. Dropbox pulled my contact list up to select with whom I wanted to share it, and VOILA, there were all my contacts.

I went back into Settings > General > Accounts > AT&T Address Book and individually chose each account to show up by itself, and none of those worked. So I'm going to search for any kind of AT&T Contacts file in Dropbox next.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

So....I just got a message from AT&T that my address book will be shutting down on March 28, 2017.  Except that it is already shut down and I can't log into it, and it already erased all my contacts from my phone. The message assures me that won't happen, that only the backups will be gone.

Thanks for screwing me, AT&T.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.