The Samsung Galaxy S24
gsu's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 7th, 2012 6:57 AM

After upgrade to JB 4.1.1, the Samsung Galaxy S3 GPS hang after just use by any GPS app.

Hi,

I have an issue with GPS hanging after just one use by any GPS app. If I closed the app and try to open another GPS app, the app could not get any GPS lock at all. To fix the issue, I need to restart the phone..

Anyone seen this issue after the JB 4.1.1 upgrade?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I upgraded my GS3 to JB 4.1.1 last night, and now no matter what I do, every few minutes the device freezes and I get an error that says "unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped". I can cilck "OK" and resume, but it's very disruptive. Also, the battery drains very quickly, device gets hot, the camera won't intialize or load, and it's pretty much an annoying paperweight! I've tried removing the batteryy, SIM, and SD as one forum suggetsed, no help. Just backed up some data and caonsidering a device reset to factory default, but not sure that will help.

I'm so disappointed. I have been anxiously awaiting Jelly Bean.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I also have the GPS problem.  In addition the speech to text fails to initialize most of the time and it keeps erasing my setting to use SwiftKey 3 instead of the Samsung KB.  These are items that I use a lot and am very frustrated to pay for something that isn't working right.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Same GPS problem here, intermittently. I've been successful getting GPS to come back by switching between GPS apps a few times and turning GPS off and back on, but it takes several tries and may or may not last. Very frustrating when it happens.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Hi folks,

It appears the Waze app is not compatible with JB 4.1.1 or vice versa. After uninstalling the Waze app, the issue with GPS hange magically fixed. Then again I don't have any GPS navigation apps other than Google Navigation. I have one more GPS app installed that's GPS status. I used it to reset the GPS state and download GPS assist data. If you had Waze installed, tried to uninstall it and reboot to see if that fixed the issue or not.

Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I also have this problem after upgrading to 4.1.1.   This problem can be reproducible every time you drive through a tunnel.   Google has resolved this problem with Android 4.1.2, it is now a matter of waiting for AT&T to make it available to us end users.

Perhaps we should join force to compel AT&T to release this version as soon as possible.   Version 4.1.2 had been released by Google since Oct 2012, 7 months ago!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Same issue with Galaxy Note upgrade. My phone is now slow as molasis. How do we get help?????

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

I suspect that my issues with SIM card on my Samsung S3 (4.1.1) might be related to Waze app. I was getting a 'SIM card missing' error intermittantly when using Waze and a couple other apps (beyondpod). I don't know how a gps problem could affect my sim card though. I have reflashed my S3 back factory 4.1.1 and have not reinstalled Waze. I will wait to see if I get the sim card error again without Waze.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.