The Samsung Galaxy S24
jcampf's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 6:56 PM

After updating Samsung Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean, the Bluetooth is unusable.

After updating Samsung Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean, the Bluetooth in my car is unusable. Callers sound like aliens. Is there a fix?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Have you tried re-pairing the phone with your car?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, pairing the phone isn't the issue. The problem is a distorted audio phone quality. It sounds like an alien, with neither side able to understand what is being said.

From what I've read in message board posts, the Jelly Bean update to 4.1.2 resolves this issue, but I'm not sure when/if that will be made available to me.

Note: I have tried removing the paired phone, and re-pairing it several times, and this doesn't seem to have any impact on the jumbled sounds that come out when you make or receive a call.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I'll have to do a bit more research, I haven't seen this issue come up before. I'll let you know if I come across any additional troubleshooting steps. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Any news on the 4.1.2 update for AT&T Samsung GS3 users? I really would like to have my bluetooth functionality back!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Did some testing over the weekend with my car - Nissan 2008- and my Samsung G S3...and a friend's Samsung G S3. Both are running Jelly Bean 4.1.1 and both connected to the Bluetooth immediately.

When making and receiving a call using my car's Bluetooth, my phone (AT&T is the carrier) and his phone (Sprint is the carrier), sound are horrible and impossible to understand! In his car (Mercedes 2007), the Bluetooth works fine!

So, this is definitely a car/and carrier issue......

Help!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Providing additional information that was posted on another message board regarding more widespread issues with Samsung Galaxy SIII that are updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 -- http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=41628

Very disappointed that AT&T has not been more responsive.....

-------------------------------------

From: #21 slanders...@gmail.com - Same problem after upgrading to Jelly Bean with my 2013 BMW X3.  Dealer says its the phone and not the bluetooth in my car... Please help, Samsung!

From: #22 lisa.car...@student.fairfield.edu - Same issue with 2009 altima hybrid Samsung galaxy s3 with verizon. Works in my husband's car and his iPhone 4 works in my altima. Soooooo frustrating. Nissan dealer couldn't repair

From #23 tricia.l...@gmail.com - After OTA Jellybean update, I can no longer pair my ATT Galaxy S3 with my 2009 VW Jetta.  The car "refuses" the pairing.

From: #24 kennyjgr...@gmail.com - There may be a fix in the works. Refer to http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog/2013/01/next-jelly-bean-release-will-fix-bluetooth-a2dp-audio-streaming/ for details.

From: #25 MDFlick...@gmail.com - kennyjgr - Thanks for the information regarding the potential fix. It appears that fix would be to play music using bluetooth.  It's been suggested that this problem is fixed in JB 4.1.2 but I haven't been able to verify that yet.

From #26 MDFlick...@gmail.com - Neither Samsung nor Verizon will give me an estimate date for the fix.   Verizon has acknowledged the problem, Samsung hasn't.   I submitted this to the voice of the customer on the Samsung site and received the response below.

"We are unable to speculate when/if a software revision with this feature might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion. The possibility that your car manufacturer will investigate on this issue is because for the possibility that they need to update their car's Bluetooth."

Samsung - there is confusion -it don't #$%^ work !

That frustrated me enough to submit the following to email the CEO.  Hopefully, I will get a response.

https://contactus.samsung.com/customer/contactus/formmail/mail/MailQuestionGeneral.jsp?SITE_ID=591&PROD_ID=G303850

I purchased  three Galaxy S3 in the last 6 months.  Everything was great until the OTA update that upgraded the phones to JB 4.1.1.   Now I can't use the phone in my car due to distorted audio.   I've contacted Verizon support, Samsung support, Google support and Nissan support.   Verizon acknowledges the problem but says Samsung has to fix it.   Nissan said they have tested the S3 on JB 4.0.3 and they would investigate the issue.   Samsung hasn't even acknowledged the problem exists.  Google suggests this is fixed in later releases of JB.  

I would like two things.  First an acknowledgement there is an issue that was caused by the JB 4.1.1 forced upgrade.   Second a timetable for a fix. 

I'd be happy to help by joining JB 4.1.2 or 4.2 beta testing program.   I'd also be happy to regress back to the old release.

The issue is fairly well documented at
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=41628

I'd be happy to talk with someone empowered to solve this problem

From: #27 jhaik...@gmail.com - Same problem.  Samsung Galaxy III S and Infiniti G35x with Nav.  After update at end of 2012, bluetooth pairs, but the sound is garbled/distorted.  No help for Verizon or Samsung.  Both denied that they had heard anything about it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am experiencing the exact same issue with my Galaxy S3 4.1.1.  Connects fine with car kit but callers can't hear me.  They say they hear lots of static.  Have tested with ipone and it works fine.  My old phone worked fine.  Is there a fix in the works?

Mentor

• 

65 Messages

11 years ago

The problem with my S3, is that while connected to my bluetooth headset, the phone will not allow me to use voice to text....voice search, etc.  The mic appears gray and nothing happens.  I turn off my headset and can then do a voice text.

Anyone else see this happening?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.