The Samsung Galaxy S24
RyBiv's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 1:47 PM

After 2.2 update, the The Phone, Application, Contacts and Messaging DO NOT have dedicated shortcuts

Part of the update of 2.2 includes this following Home Screen feature (per Samsung/AT&T referring to the android 2.2 update in general):

"The Phone, Application, Contacts and Messaging now have dedicated shortcuts on the Home screen, making it easy to access them from any of the 7 home screen panels."

My original setup was phone, email, web & apps for the dedicated shortcuts bar at the bottom of the home screen and still is.  Is this the same for everyone else?  Is this an 'at&t' thing and they just copy/pasted the 'generic' android 2.2 features list, or has something changed?

Everything else seems to be updated as listed.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

13 years ago

The bottom dock icons can be changed if you want. Open Applications, press the menu button, select View type, and pick Customizable grid. Press the menu button again and pick Edit. Now you can drag and drop any icon to the dock. When you're done, press the menu button and select save. Press the menu button one more time and change the View back to whatever it was when you started.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

13 years ago

Sorry, forgot to add that this is for the Captivate

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

13 years ago

I updated to 2.2 recently and the dedicated icons at the bottom of every screen are Phone, Email, Browser, and Applications. The other icons on all of my screens got changed to a default set, so I rearranged them. I put Contacts, Messaging, Yahoo Mail, and Gmail on my home screen. Perhaps it's just the feature description is faulty.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

13 years ago

Wow, thanks for the reply, awesome advice.  Never knew that existed.  'Hidden' menu options are a problem with android and mobile OS/phones in general I think...too much hidden away.

FYI, once you drag an icon there, there's no need to save, it automatically does it...which is kind of a bummer, I was just testing and now the 'email' shortcut is gone but not in applications.  Anyone have any idea how to get it back?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

13 years ago

Never mind, once you exit and go back in to edit apps, the icon for 'email' shows up.

Thanks for the tips.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.