Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 29, 2011
12:13:21 PM
Adding a Notification Tone To Atrix
Any one had success adding their own tone to the Atrix? I have a tone I want to use for text message notifications, but can't get it to the "notification tone" folder. I used Astro filefile manager to copy and try to paste it to the proper folder, but I guess motorola wont let it happen. Paste is grayed out when I get to that folder.
Any one had success adding their own tone to the Atrix? I have a tone I want to use for text message notifications, but can't get it to the "notification tone" folder. I used Astro filefile manager to copy and try to paste it to the proper folder, but I guess motorola wont let it happen. Paste is grayed out when I get to that folder.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 29, 2011 7:39:35 PM
(0)
Master
Where are you trying to paste the file?

The best place for custom ringtones on Android phones is the following folders created in the root of the sd card.

/media/audio/alarms
/media/audio/notifications
/media/audio/ringtones
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.
Accepted Solution

Adding a Notification Tone To Atrix

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 29, 2011 7:39:35 PM
(0)
Master

The best place for custom ringtones on Android phones is the following folders created in the root of the sd card.

/media/audio/alarms
/media/audio/ringtones
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy

/media/audio/alarms
/media/audio/ringtones

Re: Adding a Notification Tone To Atrix

2 of 4 (2,919 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 8:26:36 PM
(0)
Guru
Perfect! That worked. I had it in ringtones, on the internal storage, which I knew wasn't the right place. Didn't realize I could create the same folder (duplicate notifications) on the sd card, and android would allow it to be picked as a notification tone.
Perfect! That worked. I had it in ringtones, on the internal storage, which I knew wasn't the right place. Didn't realize I could create the same folder (duplicate notifications) on the sd card, and android would allow it to be picked as a notification tone.

3 of 4 (2,908 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2011 3:13:06 AM
(0)
Master
Glad it worked. From what I understand, it is part of the default Android behavior.

If that solved the question, please don't forget to mark the post as the solution.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Glad it worked. From what I understand, it is part of the default Android behavior.

If that solved the question, please don't forget to mark the post as the solution.

4 of 4 (2,879 Views)