Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 3, 2013
6:02:32 AM
ATT Messages will not wake phone

I'm stuck trying to figure out how to have any inbound SMS on ATT Messages app wake my Samsung S4 upon receipt.  I can see the little orange bubble in the notification status bar after waking the phone, but nothing until then.  I could have sworn that when I used Handcent, it would show me the message on the black screen for a moment.  Yes, I have the enable notifications option checked.  Any suggestions...?

I'm stuck trying to figure out how to have any inbound SMS on ATT Messages app wake my Samsung S4 upon receipt.  I can see the little orange bubble in the notification status bar after waking the phone, but nothing until then.  I could have sworn that when I used Handcent, it would show me the message on the black screen for a moment.  Yes, I have the enable notifications option checked.  Any suggestions...?

ATT Messages will not wake phone

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 11:05:35 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, REDEYES00!

Do you still need help figuring out how to make incoming messages on your app "wake up" your phone? If so, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate.

Please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope in the top right corner of your screen. In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, REDEYES00!

Do you still need help figuring out how to make incoming messages on your app "wake up" your phone? If so, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate.

Please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope in the top right corner of your screen. In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: ATT Messages will not wake phone

2 of 2 (4,999 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments