The Samsung Galaxy S24
Philz67's profile

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

Tuesday, August 6th, 2013 3:18 PM

ATT Locks All Bootloaders

I became customer October 2012 purchasing Galaxy Note 2.

Ive found ATT Coverage  , CS  , store experience to be the BEST but there is some bad news.

ATT no longer supports Android consumer freedom & will be locking down ALL future device bootloaders they sell.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/08/02/att-to-android-users-we-dont-support-unlocked-bootloaders-so-stop-asking-us-about-every-phone/

With this being the case I will make move to T-mobile for Galaxy Note 3 release.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

Well Im still an ATT customer skipping the Galaxy Note 3. I could of went out of my way purchasing T-mobile with sim unlock bootloader crackable to run on Death star but I found GN3 build quality not so great compared to GN2 so I took a pass.

GN2 bootloader is unlocked  ,device  works well Im sticking with it.

This bootloader lockdown is a nightmare for many also affecting ATT GN3 sales.

Everyone has a friend that recommends smartphones  , Usually that friend is a smartphone geek aka rooter  ,moder , rom builder.

When the geek is locked out of their device they let it be known to friends , family etc pushing them away from it aka ATT brand.

Android sites all over the net are advising customers to steer clear of ATT due to bootloader lockdown.

This will hurt ATT new custmer sign up as well as currents

Some current customers will buy Bootloder unlockable device from different carrier such as Tmobile to use on ATT network , While buying some will sign on with T-mobile due to less expensive rate plans dumping ATT.

ATT better wake up or the loss we be felt in near future

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.