Explore & discover

Helpful Links

ATT Android Update for HTC One (M8)

Contributor

ATT Android Update for HTC One (M8)

I have attempted twice download and install the newest update for the HTC One M8 from ATT, and both time the installation has failed.  Is there a known issue with this update, or is this a problem specific to my phone?

Message 1 of 63
Contributor

Re: ATT Android Update for HTC One (M8)

Has there been a solution to this issue? I cannot factory reset as it won't backup, cannot use HTC sync manager on my pc w ish either.. it's overheating constantly and freezes/black screen or on whatever I was doing forcing restart however this is occurring 2-3x's a DAY & trying to restart or shut down is becoming increasingly more difficult!! Help!!!
Message 61 of 63
ACE - Expert

Did you ever think the phone is failing? The only way to get what you want is to wipe the phone anyway.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 62 of 63
ACE - Professor

Yeah, what @GLIMMERMAN76 said is probably spot-on, about the phone itself starting to have issues.

@Socaligirl333I'd follow his other suggestion there, even if you wipe back to the older OS, you'll at least have a good idea whether or not it's the device, or OS corruption/bloat.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 63 of 63
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support