The Samsung Galaxy S24
Manasponge's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 12th, 2016 6:51 PM

ATT Android Update for HTC One (M8)

I have attempted twice download and install the newest update for the HTC One M8 from ATT, and both time the installation has failed.  Is there a known issue with this update, or is this a problem specific to my phone?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I'm having exactly the same thing happen to me, same error messages in the recovery screen. I'm also not rooted or unlocked.

I'm trying to clear more space now, but I cleared a lot last night, thinking the same thing--concerning free space on the internal storage. I've got around 13GB free internally, but I tried downloading again last night and still hadn't had any luck. I'll try to clear more space... But I'm not sure how much more I can clear. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Get up to about 14GB free - that seems to be what it needs from other posts I've seen.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Factory reset prior to update was successful for me, but the problem seems to be due to a lack of internal storage space for most - if you have less than 14GB of internal storage available, try clearing out that much room prior to updating. It may also be a good idea to take out your SD card prior to the update; some errors appear to be citing SD storage, which would also explain some slower downloads/installs.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I get the same error messages @ricobhi.
@Glimmerman: Yes, I have that update.
We're the special few where the 6.0 update fails? I have >1.0GB available on the phone + >5.0GB on SD. (Where are the unzipped folders placed?)
Any other ideas? Is the unzipping failing? I find it hard to believe the BMPs are really missing from the install package...

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I tried updating several times and each time I received the following error.

E: missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg
(Code -1)
E: missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg_yes
(Code -1)
E: missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg_no
(Code -1)
E: find no match PARTITION: for package path @/cache/recover/block.map
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E: failed to map file
Installation aborted.

I to had about 10 gb of space free.  I moved some stuff to my SD card and freed up an additional 6 gb.  With 16 gb free, I was able to finally update. Thank you to those that suggested this earlier.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I cleared up to ~17GB of space on my internal storage, downloaded again, and I think it's actually working this time. The phone went through several screens with a progress bar and some reboots, and now I think this is the installation screen I'm looking at, with a blue progress bar, spinning icon, and actual percentage listed (nearly 50% now). I didn't think to take out my SD card prior to downloading, and I read the latest replies here after I'd started the update process. 

Anyway, fingers crossed, I think clearing up space for me has fixed this issue. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@ParisRat wrote:

@I get the same error messages @ricobhi.
@Glimmerman: Yes, I have that update.
We're the special few where the 6.0 update fails? I have >1.0GB available on the phone + >5.0GB on SD. (Where are the unzipped folders placed?)
Any other ideas? Is the unzipping failing? I find it hard to believe the BMPs are really missing from the install package...

Thanks!

well looking at reports it will take 16 gb of free space to install.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Tried the istall yesterday afternoon; it failed.  Everytime I check now to re-try it, it says up-to-date.  I tried changing the time on clock to be able to check again and clearing the cache.  Get same message its up-to-date and can't even attempt at re-trying the download.

Any suggestions on what's going on?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I'm also getting this same error along with others. Why would you need 16GB free for a 1GB OTA? That's ridiculous.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8/662670-when-will-t-update-come-htc-one-m8-marshmallow-4.html#post5173768

I also took the "lets wipe" route and now it's telling me that theres no software update available. Beyond frustrating.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Having the same problem as kirkfitz idk what to do

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.