The Samsung Galaxy S24
Mr.Springsteen's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Friday, March 31st, 2017 8:10 PM

AT&T poor signal strength

I have been a faithful AT&T Custer for the past five years and the signal in Pokipsy New York regarding phone calls as well as Internet have been poor and I've done nothing but got even more poor!!!!
I was connected to technical support a multitude of times and was even giving a free month service and that three months service was just as bad as the other months of service that I paid for...
In two different locations of residence for myself and family members as well as friends while inside the residence I have had to go outside and walk up and down the street to obtain a service necessary to continue a lengthy phone call as well as Internet service and this is quite embarrassing while other individuals using other internet services such as straight talk and Verizon and Boost Mobile had to go nowhere to utilize their phones in the same manner that I attempted to....

This does not say a lot for AT&T that I stuck with for more than five years with different phone numbers not saying that this would have made a difference but AT&T is terrible in providing a powerful service necessary so that I do not have to walk up and down the street leave a residence or stand up by a window to get a stronger service to utilize my phone and complete a task necessary for me to do so via internet or the phone calls that I'm receiving or making...

They have given me no choice but to change services and I'm sorry to say so because at one point in time I enjoyed you Liza AT&T while I was up in the capital of New York which is Albany and the signal there is incredibly strong but here in my Homestead of Poughkeepsie New York and across the river in New Paltz New York or Highland New York the signal is incredibly terrible..
Multiple times I've spoken to technical support and have gotten nowhere I'm sorry AT&T but you have lost a customer

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

AT&T has always had poor service & customer support. However, I live in North Central Alabama in an area where AT&T is the only ISP, so I have no other alternative. The internet has been getting progressively slower, especially over the past few days. Periodically, I will lose both internet & phone service for several minutes or even hours. Complaining doesn't do any good. They don't care because they don't have to worry about us switching to another ISP.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am having the same issue in suburban San-Antonio tx. In December of 2018 the signal at my new home dropped from 2-4 bars to zero -1 .6 calls to customer service has resulted in no change or improvement. Other carriers have stronger signals in my area so I may switch. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I do estate sales often I am in a Verizon area with absolutely no a t and t signal. I need to get a signal strong enough to take credit cards with my square. Nothing works. A friend of mine has a portable WiFi that plugs into an electrical plug or to a car that can provide a WiFi signal for her Verizon and it works for my a t and t as well. Does a t and t have any thing like that and where can I purchase it. I am desperate 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Nosignal1 wrote:

I do estate sales often I am in a Verizon area with absolutely no a t and t signal. I need to get a signal strong enough to take credit cards with my square. Nothing works. A friend of mine has a portable WiFi that plugs into an electrical plug or to a car that can provide a WiFi signal for her Verizon and it works for my a t and t as well. Does a t and t have any thing like that and where can I purchase it. I am desperate 

But if there is NO AT&T signal, the portable WiFi may not work either (it could operate on different bands).

My suggestion is to get a prepaid portable WiFi from Verizon, then you'll have coverage when you don't have AT&T. If you just switch your phone to Verizon, you could have the same issue with AT&T dead spots.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Try the Harmon Spark, from AT&T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

On a scale of one to 10 – AT&T would need a 12 foot ladder to reach one. The tower by our home has been inoperative since Sept/Oct. which they finally confirmed in Dec.. So all the tech support of change to 4G on your phone, then change to LG, do Wireless calling, we pinged your phone all the tech support was just a ploy. In Sept they said it was the new phone that I had purchased from the AT&T store and replace it with a warranty phone. It was not the phone it was the tower. Now that I am trying to get this phone that I purchased outright – no contacts, they say the phone doesn’t belong to my account (they didn’t update the file with the warranty IME), they have said I didn’t fulfill my Next contract – never had one I pay for the phones at purchase, they say the phone belongs to another account , this has happened 5 times with varying degrees of wrong. Numerous calls to customer support have only delayed with no satisfactory results, this has gone on since Jan. 7th, everyone assuring that I will receive the unlock info. AT&T social media folks have been the latest who said they were going to take care of this, another email from the unlock group stating how to unlock but not providing a code. Five months of repeated calls, chats & message and requests for patience. The issue with AT&T is they are not honest regarding cell towers or they don’t supply their tech support with necessary information to address customer issues. AT&T has a total disconnect between groups/departments no one can actually speak to the other to resolve issues. The old saying is happy customers tell 3 people about their experience, unhappy people tell 12 – with social media you can tell thousands, yet AT&T has yet to learn to customer service.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Sad isn't it. AT&T seems to be more interested in 5G and unlimited data that phone service.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Texas999 wrote:
Sad isn't it. AT&T seems to be more interested in 5G and unlimited data that phone service.

Specifically, what makes you say that?  (By specifically, I'm wondering about some links and facts).

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

It seems. Its just my opinion. A lot of poor service complaints on here. Including me. A lot of news and advertising for Data and 5G 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Texas999 wrote:
It seems. Its just my opinion. A lot of poor service complaints on here. Including me. A lot of news and advertising for Data and 5G 

Are they actually ADVERTISING for 5G there?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.