AT&T Note 8.0 Update?

AT&T Note 8.0 Update?

Where is the update to 4.2.2?  Everyone I know that has the wifi version recieved their update months ago and here I am with an AT&T note 8.0 still waiting.  Don't make me regret buying the AT&T version.  My main concern is the screen becoming unresponsive at times which is a known issue with 4.1.2 and is fixed with the update so it would be nice to get that update ASAP AT&T and don't tell me you know nothing because that is B&S.

Message 1 of 48
Contributor

Re: AT&T Note 8.0 Update?

It affects Android 4.1.1 as well. Any update on when we'll get an update? I'm still sufferring the screen lag issue!

Message 16 of 48
Mentor

Actually, Android devices are susceptable to this as well. 

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/04/vicious-heartbleed-bug-bites-millions-of-android-phones-othe...

Also:

http://bgr.com/2014/04/16/heartbleed-android-4-1-1-jelly-bean/

This is a crucial issue. It CAN be exploited on affected Android devices, and has been demonstrated, however as of this writing there are no reports of actual exploitation on any affected devices. 

Message 17 of 48
Contributor

My ATT Note 8.0 is still on 4.1.  The ATT server still reports no updates.  How sad ATT.  How very, very sad.

Message 18 of 48
Contributor

Are there any updates? looks like wifi versons have kitkat now.  

Message 19 of 48
Contributor

Any word on an update?

Message 20 of 48
Teacher

Samsung does not release the update to our devices. It is first released to AT&T then the customizations are done to make it compatible. Then it is released to our devices. AT&T failed to even update to 4.2.2 now the rest of the world is on kitkat. Epic fail yet again by AT&T
Message 21 of 48

I've watched this thread for what seems like forever now, and not with any expectation that there will be an update. We all know AT&T has screwed us and they don't care enough to even respond with any sort of message other than "We have no info". What a steaming pile.

I purchased TWO of these things. TWO. They're limited and enough time has passed without an update, that even if one arrives even today, AT&T has been completely crappy enough in this situation that I've learned all that I need to know. It's time to move on. AT&T sucks more every day, and I think I've finally had enough. I'm a customer with a 12 year history, and my seven lines of service are going elsewhere. I'm done.

Message 22 of 48
Mentor

In the same boat here.. 20 years loyal, 8 lines on my account.. I have been waiting very patiently for any sort of update on the Note 8.0.. the fact that nothing was received in regards to even 4.2.2 is just disrespectful to there customers.

The international versions of our device have all been upgraded to 4.4.2 now.. and here we are, still on 4.1.2. Samsung states that the 4.4.2 has been released for our device to the carrier (AT&T).. months ago !! So what the heck is the hold up here ??

I also have another device that is waiting on this also.. the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom .. all other S4's have been upgraded to 4.4.2.. but this one.. nothing !!

I definately starting to think that the bigger and bigger AT&T gets, the worse there support has gotten, to the point that they have forgotten the customers are what keeps there company running and financially secure.. without us, they're nothing.

It's time for a change .. if nothing is done soon to improve there quality of anything to there customers.. a change will definately be coming very soon.. promise.
Message 23 of 48
Highlighted
Mentor

Well.. this should tweak your senses.. T-Mobile Galaxy Note 8.0 right now is receiving a 720MB OTA of KK 4.4.2.. This bites AT&T.
Message 24 of 48
Teacher

That would be depressing if T-Mobile had ever sold the Note 8.0. But since they didn't, let's not troll around here
Message 25 of 48
Contributor

well it looks like it has has been releasedto the USA (http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/06/04/samsung-galaxy-note-8-android-4-4-2/) but not for AT&T?   I just tried Kies and OTA.  AT&T why do you not update your devices? About to get rid of this and get a wifi version of the 2014 note 10, i will never get another tablet from at&t may switch to verizon with all my 5 phones 

Message 26 of 48
Contributor

Actually,  Verizon is probably the worst of the carriers for updates.  I had the original Galaxy Tab 7 and the 7.7 and saw all of one update for each, months after rest of world was released.  Now I have an ATT Note 8 and can't get an update.  Tablet becomes useless at times with screen freeze. Now I sold my soul to the devil and bought a used I pad mini 2. Much as i hate Apple they have been smart to not allow carrier branding and bloatware. They control their own update cycle too. So my advice is to never buy carrier branded anything.  The only lte tablets I know of where you can a avoid this problem are either the Nexus line or Windows 8 (limited selection). 

If ATT ever releases us an update I will probably sell the crapple as I am unimpressed but I will never buy carrier branded anything again.

Message 27 of 48
Tutor

This article from February makes it seem like this update should be happening any day now. Whatdya say, AT&T? I need this update for BLE support.

Message 28 of 48
ACE - Professor

I *just* got an update pushed to my wifi-only US note-8 this week. So, it seems likely it's a'comin soon.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 29 of 48
Tutor

Cool! Do you know if the update enabled BLE support?
Message 30 of 48
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support