The Samsung Galaxy S24
SoulSeekerUSA's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Friday, November 22nd, 2013 12:54 AM

AT&T Note 8.0 Update?

Where is the update to 4.2.2?  Everyone I know that has the wifi version recieved their update months ago and here I am with an AT&T note 8.0 still waiting.  Don't make me regret buying the AT&T version.  My main concern is the screen becoming unresponsive at times which is a known issue with 4.1.2 and is fixed with the update so it would be nice to get that update ASAP AT&T and don't tell me you know nothing because that is B&S.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I've watched this thread for what seems like forever now, and not with any expectation that there will be an update. We all know AT&T has screwed us and they don't care enough to even respond with any sort of message other than "We have no info". What a steaming pile.

I purchased TWO of these things. TWO. They're limited and enough time has passed without an update, that even if one arrives even today, AT&T has been completely crappy enough in this situation that I've learned all that I need to know. It's time to move on. AT&T sucks more every day, and I think I've finally had enough. I'm a customer with a 12 year history, and my seven lines of service are going elsewhere. I'm done.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

In the same boat here.. 20 years loyal, 8 lines on my account.. I have been waiting very patiently for any sort of update on the Note 8.0.. the fact that nothing was received in regards to even 4.2.2 is just disrespectful to there customers.

The international versions of our device have all been upgraded to 4.4.2 now.. and here we are, still on 4.1.2. Samsung states that the 4.4.2 has been released for our device to the carrier (AT&T).. months ago !! So what the heck is the hold up here ??

I also have another device that is waiting on this also.. the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom .. all other S4's have been upgraded to 4.4.2.. but this one.. nothing !!

I definately starting to think that the bigger and bigger AT&T gets, the worse there support has gotten, to the point that they have forgotten the customers are what keeps there company running and financially secure.. without us, they're nothing.

It's time for a change .. if nothing is done soon to improve there quality of anything to there customers.. a change will definately be coming very soon.. promise.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

Well.. this should tweak your senses.. T-Mobile Galaxy Note 8.0 right now is receiving a 720MB OTA of KK 4.4.2.. This bites AT&T.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

That would be depressing if T-Mobile had ever sold the Note 8.0. But since they didn't, let's not troll around here

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

well it looks like it has has been releasedto the USA (http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/06/04/samsung-galaxy-note-8-android-4-4-2/) but not for AT&T?   I just tried Kies and OTA.  AT&T why do you not update your devices? About to get rid of this and get a wifi version of the 2014 note 10, i will never get another tablet from at&t may switch to verizon with all my 5 phones 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Actually,  Verizon is probably the worst of the carriers for updates.  I had the original Galaxy Tab 7 and the 7.7 and saw all of one update for each, months after rest of world was released.  Now I have an ATT Note 8 and can't get an update.  Tablet becomes useless at times with screen freeze. Now I sold my soul to the devil and bought a used I pad mini 2. Much as i hate Apple they have been smart to not allow carrier branding and bloatware. They control their own update cycle too. So my advice is to never buy carrier branded anything.  The only lte tablets I know of where you can a avoid this problem are either the Nexus line or Windows 8 (limited selection). 

If ATT ever releases us an update I will probably sell the crapple as I am unimpressed but I will never buy carrier branded anything again.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

This article from February makes it seem like this update should be happening any day now. Whatdya say, AT&T? I need this update for BLE support.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

I *just* got an update pushed to my wifi-only US note-8 this week. So, it seems likely it's a'comin soon.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Cool! Do you know if the update enabled BLE support?

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

I don't have any BLE devices to test with it, but google seems to think it's enabled after the update 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.