For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
SoulSeekerUSA's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Friday, November 22nd, 2013 12:54 AM

AT&T Note 8.0 Update?

Where is the update to 4.2.2?  Everyone I know that has the wifi version recieved their update months ago and here I am with an AT&T note 8.0 still waiting.  Don't make me regret buying the AT&T version.  My main concern is the screen becoming unresponsive at times which is a known issue with 4.1.2 and is fixed with the update so it would be nice to get that update ASAP AT&T and don't tell me you know nothing because that is B&S.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

This is ridiculous. Come on AT&T, you want happy customers you need to get on top of the software updates.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Is there still no word on updating Note 8.0 to Android 4.2?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Now we discover our device is vulnerable to a heatbleed attack that has been a known vulnerability.  I use this device at work.  My use as a teacher should be secure and now I find it may not be.  Surely AT&T recognizes their responsibility to their customers to provide security updates.  

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@rickral215 wrote:

Now we discover our device is vulnerable to a heatbleed attack that has been a known vulnerability.  I use this device at work.  My use as a teacher should be secure and now I find it may not be.  Surely AT&T recognizes their responsibility to their customers to provide security updates.  

You misunderstand - it affects websites that are using the OpenSSL cryptographic software library

http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/09/technology/security/heartbleed-bug/index.html

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

It affects Android 4.1.1 as well. Any update on when we'll get an update? I'm still sufferring the screen lag issue!

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

Actually, Android devices are susceptable to this as well. 

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/04/vicious-heartbleed-bug-bites-millions-of-android-phones-other-devices/

Also:

http://bgr.com/2014/04/16/heartbleed-android-4-1-1-jelly-bean/

This is a crucial issue. It CAN be exploited on affected Android devices, and has been demonstrated, however as of this writing there are no reports of actual exploitation on any affected devices. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

My ATT Note 8.0 is still on 4.1.  The ATT server still reports no updates.  How sad ATT.  How very, very sad.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Are there any updates? looks like wifi versons have kitkat now.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Any word on an update?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Samsung does not release the update to our devices. It is first released to AT&T then the customizations are done to make it compatible. Then it is released to our devices. AT&T failed to even update to 4.2.2 now the rest of the world is on kitkat. Epic fail yet again by AT&T
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.