The Samsung Galaxy S24
SoulSeekerUSA's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Friday, November 22nd, 2013 12:54 AM

AT&T Note 8.0 Update?

Where is the update to 4.2.2?  Everyone I know that has the wifi version recieved their update months ago and here I am with an AT&T note 8.0 still waiting.  Don't make me regret buying the AT&T version.  My main concern is the screen becoming unresponsive at times which is a known issue with 4.1.2 and is fixed with the update so it would be nice to get that update ASAP AT&T and don't tell me you know nothing because that is B&S.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Even my daughters 2 year old galaxy tab has the 4.2.2 update already.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Will we be getting 4.2.2 or something better like 4.3 or 4.4?  The silence is killing us, AT&T.  

Signed,

A loyal customer of 10 years

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

Good luck in getting a responce from anyone here at AT&T .. you'll get the same ** as they post in ALL the threads:

"There were no announcements yet, when we hear anything, we'll make sure to post an update on these forums."

Loyal customer here since 1994 .. and I am starting to get real tired of ALL of AT&T's B/S .. there support has gone since they took it back from Cingular.

If AT&T wants to keep up-to-date in regards to the latest, greatest smartphones

I'm also waiting on updates for my Galaxy Note 8.0 and also my Galaxy Note 2 (which was promised by AT&T on November 20th !!!).

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Just curious if someone knows.....

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, pebersohn!

Thanks for posting. As of right now, the manufacturer has not made any announcements about upcoming software updates for this device on our network; there is no confirmed date at this time.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

That is lie, the Note 8.0 is still at 4.1 and is still waiting for 4.2.2 and that has already rolled out to NON AT&T Note 8.0 so what you are saying is a lie.  We have been asking for months now about 4.2.2 and not a word from you and now something and its a lie.  You guys are about to lose a long time AT&T sub.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

I have been nice and so has everyone else that has asked.  But now it gets nasty.  I spend a lot of money with AT&T and I have a whole lot of friends that do as well and I also have some that have been thinking about coming over to AT&T.  

The note 8.0 with 4.1 has a game killing bug where the screen becomes completely unresponsive for seconds at a time which is a giant bug that needed to be fixed.  That was fixed in the update to 4.2.2 which we have never recieved.

That Said.

I have asked and many others as well when we will recieve an update that has already realesed on every note 8.0 in the world  BUT AT&T but yet I have got not ONE response.  AT&T has 48 hours to responde to this or I will post my expiernce on every blog and social media site I belong to and some I don't and trust me I will be heard.  I want an answer and I want one now, either the note 8.0 from AT&T will recieve the update or it won't now how about an answer AT&T?

[Edited to comply with Community Guidelines]

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

just to let every one know it's not att but samsung my device updates with kies with 4.1.2 from samsungs servers.  so att is not the bad guy here

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

OH and to the post above every note 8 in the world is not on 4.2 take a look at canada's model i467m 4.1.2 call samsung maybe we will get an update soon

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

i just got a call from samsung now they say it's att and google... basically the guy told me google creates the software tailored to the devices samsung htc etc etc then samsung codes it with there software passes it on to att .. i'd prob rec selling this or if you'r in 14 day window return it . good luck.... SRRY for all the post but you can also get the asus memo pad fhd prob a better alternative and it has 4.2.2 atleast  and full hd screen plus 100 dollars cheaper.. currently in the process of selling my note...or a piece of apple crap and grab an ipad wich i wouldn't recommend if you like freedom

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.