For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
ItsAboutTime88's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 2:52 PM

AT&T Navigator as default navigation app

I recently updated my HTC Inspire 4G to Android 2.3.5 and now AT&T navigator is the default navigation program. I would like to use Google Maps since it is free, but any time I open an address link it opens AT&T navigator. I have gone into application manager and cleared the defaults several times. This does nothing. Is there any way to disable AT&T Navigator for good?

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

I use the "Default Manager App" to manage my default apps and its been working pretty well for me, you could try that

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appiator.defaultappmanager&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hcHBpYXRvci5kZWZhdWx0YXBwbWFuYWdlciJd

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

12 years ago

u can also go.... menu-settings-applications-all apps tab scroll to att navigator and push clear defaults..... i think. next time u use feature it should ask what u want to use with a checkbox for make default

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am so unbelievably fed up.  I never selected AT&T Navigator to be the default app, and never would have.

Now, I cannot get it changed.

When I try the manage apps  > all > at&t navigator > Clear Defaults

I get a big fat dose of NADA!!!

Completely and utterly frustrating.

The link for the app above, I also installed in hopes it would help, but all it did was ssend me to what I had tried already.

I am in no mood to do a factory reset, hope this is not what is needed. GRRRRR!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am having a similar problem.  Most apps that try to provide directions open ATT Navigator and I cannot remove it as the default app.  I want to use Google Maps Navigation for this function but every time I clear the default to ATT-N it resets itself. 

I tried the Default manager app shown in the previous post but it won't even clear the default. 

I have a HTC Inspire 4G.

Thanks.

Scholar

• 

211 Messages

11 years ago

In Android ICS - Quick Settings->Additional Settings->App associations

you can set the App for both:

Physical address

Map address

If you reboot however, the AT&T Navigator "bloatware" will reset itself as the default App for these settings.

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

11 years ago

try clear defualt in both att navigator and google maps.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have the same problem and the proposed solutions do not work.  AT&T, you're being very greedy!  This may be the straw that breaks the camel's back and sends me to Verizon.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My mother has an At&t s3.  The phone from default is set to launch At&t Navigator first.  I just did this about 5 minutes ago on her phone.  Apps Manager - All Apps.  Maps clear data.  Att Navigator uninstall updates.  Restart the phone.  Go back into Att Navigator and in the upper right corner where uninstall updates was will now say Disable.  And now you may use Google Maps. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.