The Samsung Galaxy S24
MushroomPlanett's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, September 5th, 2016 6:57 PM

AT&T Multi Device Protection Insurance

6 months ago I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and a free tablet on AT&T next, but did not purchase any insurance. I just added a new samsung note7 and another free tablet on the same account 3 days ago. I purchased AT&T multii device insurance for up to three devices for 29.99 /mo. also 3 days ago when I got the new phone and tablet. Because I didn't purchase the insurance 6 months ago for the s7 edge and tablet, and they are both 6 months old and in perfect condition, will my insurance now cover the 6 month old S7 edge and first tablet now as well as my new note 7 And tablet? I realize the insurance is for a maximum of 3 devices, but I have 2 smartphones and 2 tablets now. Can I use the insurance on any of the devices if any of them should break or just the new note 7 and the new tablet from when I purchased the insurance, or am I wasting my $ ?Thank you

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

420 Messages

2 years ago

Hello Community,

Although this is an older thread, we see a lot of traffic on it, so we wanted to update the information included.

When you sign up for AT&T Protect Advantage, you register 1 AT&T connected device as your primary protection plan device.

• With AT&T Protect Advantage for 4, billed monthly for $40, you can cover up to three more devices, including tablets or laptops, which don’t need to be connected to the AT&T wireless network. Plus, you don’t have to register these devices until you want to make a claim.

• With Mobile Protect Advantage for 1, billed monthly for $15, you can cover one device with up to three claims for loss, theft, or physical damage, and two claims for accidental damage from handling.

Learn more about our Protection Plans and compare prices and coverage. Before you File a Mobile Device Protection Claim, make sure you confirm that your device is covered by one of our protection plans:

1. Go to Device Protection and Warranty.
  2. Sign in and select your device. If you see Status: Insured, your wireless line’s currently enrolled in a protection plan. Select Insured to see your plan details.

After confirming the devices are covered, you can file a claim by going to phoneclaim.com/att. You can also call 888.562.8662 weekdays from 8 AM to 10 PM ET and weekends from 9 AM to 9 PM ET. Please make sure you file your claim within 60 days of loss or damage. Make sure you have this info handy:

1. Your device make and model.
  2. Your Wireless Security Passcode or the last four digits of the AT&T account owner’s Social Security or Tax ID number.

After you file your claim, watch for an email with a link to check your claim status, there you can check when your replacement device will ship. You can also access this info by going to phoneclaim.com/att.

Let us know if you have questions, thanks for posting on the AT&T Community Forums!

(edited)

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

I don't believe you can cover the devices purchased 6 months ago, and the premium on phones and tablets is $8 a month, so $30 for 2 devices is too much.

btw, you may be able to add square trade insurance to the previous purchases.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I took a look at square trade also. There are actually many different insurance companies that will cover it. I think I'm going to call AT&T protection 1st though just to make sure . Thanks for the advice

Guru

• 

408 Messages

8 years ago

Hello @MushroomPlanett!

I can help you with a basic and easy way to know if your devices are elegible for your newly acquired AT&T Multi-Device Protection Pack!

AT&T Multi-Device Protection Pack (MDPP): Includes Multi-Device Insurance, Multi-Device ProTech support, and Protect Plus App. Must enroll primary device within 30 days of new activation or device upgrade unless currently enrolled in Mobile Insurance or Mobile Protection Pack. Monthly charges ($29.99) billed directly to your wireless account. Cancel any time. Multi-Device Insurance: Covers up to 3 eligible devices in good working condition at enrollment. Devices: Primary device must have active AT&T wireless plan (excluding GoPhone®). Wi-Fi-only laptops and tablets (not connected to AT&T wireless service) must have Windows® Vista, OS® X, Android™, or iOS or newer operating systems, and coverage benefits for these devices commence 30 days following enrollment. Deductibles: Standard deductibles apply and are billed to your account. Declining deductibles may apply based on eligibility. Coverage: Coverage for loss, theft, accidental physical or liquid damage, and mechanical and/or electrical malfunction after expiration of manufacturer warranty period. Claim limits: 6 shared claims within any consecutive 12 month period. Maximum value of $1,500 per occurrence. Connected device claims may be fulfilled with new or AT&T Certified-Like New equipment of the same or other models of like kind and quality. Colors, features, and accessory compatibility are not guaranteed. Wi-Fi tablets and laptops may be provided repair or replaced with new or refurbished equipment of the same or other models of like kind and quality at the discretion of the insurer. Multi-Device ProTech support: available for covered devices only; support provided by AT&T Mobility LLC.

Multi-Device enhanced support ProTech support includes initial setup and customization, maximizing battery performance, and more.

Terms & Conditions: https://m.att.com/shopcms/media/att/2012/shop/wireless/services/Multi-Device%20Protection%20Pack%20Ts%20and%20Cs.pdf

Guru

• 

408 Messages

8 years ago

In short, I believe yes (up to 3 of your devices would be covered, even if they did not had insurance since they were purchased, and even if they are tablets). I recommend reading the terms and conditions, and if you still have questions, call Asurion's Customer Service. They will certainly clear any further doubt.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks.  I have read all of the terms and conditions many times to try to understand it all. With more than 30 pages in the English language, it does make it a bit difficult to understand. I have spoken with three different people from AT&T ProTech support and they say that I am covered because I have bough new devices, which according to them, now makes the six month old devices eligible under the same account ie like an open enrollment period. I guess I'll just have to wait and see God forbid anything should break.

Guru

• 

408 Messages

8 years ago

Hello again

Your feedback is very helpful, and greatly appreciated! Beyond ProTech Support, is Asurion's Customer Service. Asurion is the administrator of your mobile insurance coverage. Call them to confirm what ProTech Support told you, for you to have peace of mind.

Hours of operation:
Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. CT
Saturday to Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, that is the same number to AT&T Pro Tech support/Asurion customer support. 3 different days, 3 different people. 2 of them said they were Asurion customer support representatives. They all told me basically the same thing; that because I purchased a new item and a free tablet to go with it, that makes all the devices on the account become eligible, Though only 3 devices can have the AT&T protech apps on them. So they rearranged everything on my account for me, and put the AT&T Protech Support apps on the 3 pieces of equipment I asked, and a total of 6 shared claims between 3 devices. (it can be any three devices on my AT&T next account or a device or devices that arent on my next account such as my laptop .) If that makes any sense lol. Thanks again for the info.

Guru

• 

408 Messages

8 years ago

@MushroomPlanett I apologize. For some reason I thought I had provided you with Advance Tech Support. I may have been distracted, sorry.

As a side note, if you would like all of your devices to have insurance coverage, you can!

Log into MyAT&T app (http://att.com/MyATTapp or http://att.com/MyAtt), tap on "Continue to Account Details", Tap on "My Plan, Devices & Features", read the details the most recent smartphone line (it should say Multi-Device Protection Pack), as well as the old smartphone line & the old tablet. After making sure it shows up that way, you can choose the line for the most recent tablet, on the next page: scroll down to "Device Protection", and choose the "Mobile Insurance" option ($7.99/mo).

Now all of your devices are covered:

Under the Multi-Device Protection Pack ($29.99) are the new & old smartphones, and the old tablet. And, under the individual Mobile Insurance ($7.99) is the newer tablet. I hope this helps!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@MushroomPlanett

@MushroomPlanett wrote:

Thanks.  I have read all of the terms and conditions many times to try to understand it all. With more than 30 pages in the English language, it does make it a bit difficult to understand. I have spoken with three different people from AT&T ProTech support and they say that I am covered because I have bough new devices, which according to them, now makes the six month old devices eligible under the same account ie like an open enrollment period. I guess I'll just have to wait and see God forbid anything should break.

I still dont recommend the multi device package.  It covers 3 devices for $30.   Individual Insurnace is $8 each for 4 devices is $32.    

I know now many want the safety net of insurance with expensive devices.  Between premiums and the $225 deductible, I don't find Insurnace financially beneficial.  But that's just my way of doing business.  We buy phones at full cost and less expensive than $650.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.