For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Friday, October 12th, 2012 2:13 PM

AT&T Messages App failes to save pictures included in text (MMS) messages.

When a text message is received that contains a picture, tap-and-hold on the picture produces an error dialog with the following:

"Could Not Save File

Could not save file at this time. There may not be enough memory in the selected location

[OK]"

Performing the same operation on the same message using the Messaging App works as expected. Therefore, there appears to be a defect in the AT&T Messages App. Where should bug reports for the AT&T Messages App be submitted? What is the process for getting this fixed?

Test System: AT&T Messages App Version 2.0.5.62, Messaging App Version 4.0.4-I747UCALH9, Samsung Galaxy S III (SAMSUNG-SGH-I747), Android Version 4.0.4, Build number IMM76D.I747UCALH9.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Is anyone else seeing this behavior? How can this be reported to AT&T?

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

11 years ago

@User72 wrote:

When a text message is received that contains a picture, tap-and-hold on the picture produces an error dialog with the following:

"Could Not Save File

Could not save file at this time. There may not be enough memory in the selected location

[OK]"

Performing the same operation on the same message using the Messaging App works as expected. Therefore, there appears to be a defect in the AT&T Messages App. Where should bug reports for the AT&T Messages App be submitted? What is the process for getting this fixed?

Test System: AT&T Messages App Version 2.0.5.62, Messaging App Version 4.0.4-I747UCALH9, Samsung Galaxy S III (SAMSUNG-SGH-I747), Android Version 4.0.4, Build number IMM76D.I747UCALH9.

When you try to dl the pic, do you have a data signal? you cannot do it over wifi, a data signal is needed. Also, if you do have enough signal, it should dl the pic by itself. At least thats what my daughters Galaxy does.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I am now able to save pictures included in text messages. They are written to /storage/sdcard0/ATTMessages/name.jpg by AT&T Messages App Version 2.10.2.61. Since the original issue occurred, Android has also been upgraded to 4.1.1. I suspect that this has been fixed by a new version of either AT&T Messages or Android.

Curiously, the image written by the AT&T Message app for a test messge is 1635x1226 and 336 KB. The same image from the same test message was written to /storage/sdcard0/Download/name.jpg by the Messaging app with 1533x1150 and 281 KB.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I'm glad to hear you're able to save messages again. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.