Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 12, 2012
7:13:16 AM
View profile
AT&T Messages App failes to save pictures included in text (MMS) messages.

When a text message is received that contains a picture, tap-and-hold on the picture produces an error dialog with the following:

"Could Not Save File

Could not save file at this time. There may not be enough memory in the selected location

[OK]"

Performing the same operation on the same message using the Messaging App works as expected. Therefore, there appears to be a defect in the AT&T Messages App. Where should bug reports for the AT&T Messages App be submitted? What is the process for getting this fixed?

Test System: AT&T Messages App Version 2.0.5.62, Messaging App Version 4.0.4-I747UCALH9, Samsung Galaxy S III (SAMSUNG-SGH-I747), Android Version 4.0.4, Build number IMM76D.I747UCALH9.

When a text message is received that contains a picture, tap-and-hold on the picture produces an error dialog with the following:

"Could Not Save File

Could not save file at this time. There may not be enough memory in the selected location

[OK]"

Performing the same operation on the same message using the Messaging App works as expected. Therefore, there appears to be a defect in the AT&T Messages App. Where should bug reports for the AT&T Messages App be submitted? What is the process for getting this fixed?

Test System: AT&T Messages App Version 2.0.5.62, Messaging App Version 4.0.4-I747UCALH9, Samsung Galaxy S III (SAMSUNG-SGH-I747), Android Version 4.0.4, Build number IMM76D.I747UCALH9.

AT&T Messages App failes to save pictures included in text (MMS) messages.

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2012 7:47:58 AM
(0)

Is anyone else seeing this behavior? How can this be reported to AT&T?

Is anyone else seeing this behavior? How can this be reported to AT&T?

Re: AT&T Messages App failes to save pictures included in text (MMS) messages.

2 of 5 (1,847 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2012 3:26:15 PM
(0)
Professor

User72 wrote:

"Could Not Save File

[OK]"

When you try to dl the pic, do you have a data signal? you cannot do it over wifi, a data signal is needed. Also, if you do have enough signal, it should dl the pic by itself. At least thats what my daughters Galaxy does.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

User72 wrote:

"Could Not Save File

[OK]"

When you try to dl the pic, do you have a data signal? you cannot do it over wifi, a data signal is needed. Also, if you do have enough signal, it should dl the pic by itself. At least thats what my daughters Galaxy does.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

3 of 5 (1,839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 7:45:57 AM
(0)

I am now able to save pictures included in text messages. They are written to /storage/sdcard0/ATTMessages/name.jpg by AT&T Messages App Version 2.10.2.61. Since the original issue occurred, Android has also been upgraded to 4.1.1. I suspect that this has been fixed by a new version of either AT&T Messages or Android.

Curiously, the image written by the AT&T Message app for a test messge is 1635x1226 and 336 KB. The same image from the same test message was written to /storage/sdcard0/Download/name.jpg by the Messaging app with 1533x1150 and 281 KB.

I am now able to save pictures included in text messages. They are written to /storage/sdcard0/ATTMessages/name.jpg by AT&T Messages App Version 2.10.2.61. Since the original issue occurred, Android has also been upgraded to 4.1.1. I suspect that this has been fixed by a new version of either AT&T Messages or Android.

Curiously, the image written by the AT&T Message app for a test messge is 1635x1226 and 336 KB. The same image from the same test message was written to /storage/sdcard0/Download/name.jpg by the Messaging app with 1533x1150 and 281 KB.

4 of 5 (1,659 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 10:40:40 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm glad to hear you're able to save messages again. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I'm glad to hear you're able to save messages again. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (1,640 Views)