The Samsung Galaxy S24
smooth4lyfe's profile

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

Tuesday, December 4th, 2012 12:20 AM

AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

Props to Randun for the post

Its FINALLY here! Thank Goodness! Update via Kies

Jelly Bean 4.1.1

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

11 years ago

I got the note 2 turning off the data is not on the pull down screen only wifi, bluetooth, gps,sound, screen rotation, airplane mode, power saving, driving mode,allshare cast and sync is available

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

11 years ago

Some phones get the update with no problems my note 1 got the ics update with no problems when it came out now im waiting on the 4.1.2 on my note 2 cant wait

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Mine doing the same thing BelCoeur is doing anyway to fix this?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

drunkmasta just give it a try again. I was successful the second time. I just connected my usb cable & hit firmware upgrade & it worked. It's quite the lengthy update. I've had the Jelly Bean update since Tuesday evening & haven't noticed or had any bugs or issues since I updated.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I updated without any issues yesterday evening. So far no issues, display is so much crisper, internet is twice as fast. I'm sure battery will drain faster we will see today. Will keep you posted.. so far I'm very pleased....

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I tried 10 times yesterday and 2 times today but still doing the same thing.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

I got the "you already have the latest firmware" for 4.0.4 message too, but it turned out there was a Kies update. I think it's in Kies>Tools - try checking the app for an update and if it finds one, install, reboot and try again. This worked for me.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I just gonna wait to see if they fix kies cause cant still update to jellybean and tried everything from rebooting phone to reinstalling drivers

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

All of you that are wishing, hoping, praying for this crappy bloatware laiden update - go to the XDA forums (search google, not sure if I can post links here or not).  Root your phone (not illegal) permanently, and flash a custom Jellybean rom to it.  Viper XL is a GREAT rom that is based off of the Rogers (ATT Canada, basically) version of Jellybean.  It works GREAT!  Plus, once you root the phone, you can continue to install new roms, and keep it up to date, since AT&T has decided to dump support for this phone.  I just got fed up and did it, an and was surprised at how easy it is to do.  If any updates come out, I'm sure they'll block the exploit that is available to root the phone, thus preventing you from ever updating the Android OS once support for it ends (which probably has happened already, all thing considered, lol).  Good luck!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.