AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

Highlighted
Professor

AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

Props to Randun for the post

Its FINALLY here! Thank Goodness! Update via Kies

Jelly Bean 4.1.1

Message 1 of 20 (13,762 Views)
Teacher

Re: AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

Can't get the update to succeed. On Windows 7 and the latest Kies. The update keeps failing - after a long time - with a failure message saying my PC couldn't recognize my phone.

Message 2 of 20 (13,489 Views)
Contributor

I downloaded Samsung Kies Air to my PC...connected my GS3 to my  PC....Kies recognized my device. Went to upgrade firmware. Itproceeded to download firmware upgrade components & when it finishes the program Kies closes after that's complete. It does nothing else after "downloading firmware upgrade components" What's going on?

Message 3 of 20 (12,879 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

You may be lucky. I finally got the update to succeed and have had network issues since. Before the update, my GS3 was getting 9,000+ Kb/s download speeds. After the update, the speeds are nothing more than 3G speeds of around 3,000 Kb/s.

I wish that I hadn't updated mine now. I suggest disconnecting yours and rebooting and leaving it as is with ICS till AT&T puts out an OTA official update.

Message 4 of 20 (12,836 Views)
Contributor

Has anyone had any problems or noticed any bugs with the update or decreased speeds besides Marty_LK?
Message 5 of 20 (12,719 Views)

I tried to download it last night, I got the latest version of Kies and it was unable to update. I kept checking and it says I am up to date.. so I quit trying.. I hear there is a GPS bug on the update?
Message 6 of 20 (12,715 Views)
Mentor

Im glad my note 2 came with jellybean if its a ota update u good but if its though kies ur phone will have bugs thats why I dont trip about updates anymore I rather keep my stock os
Message 7 of 20 (12,708 Views)
Professor

Marty_LK wrote:

You may be lucky. I finally got the update to succeed and have had network issues since. Before the update, my GS3 was getting 9,000+ Kb/s download speeds. After the update, the speeds are nothing more than 3G speeds of around 3,000 Kb/s.

I wish that I hadn't updated mine now. I suggest disconnecting yours and rebooting and leaving it as is with ICS till AT&T puts out an OTA official update.

This update will not be available OTA.  It's either Kies or nothing.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Galaxy-S-III-Update-to-Jellybean-now-availab...

Message 8 of 20 (12,687 Views)
Mentor

Downloaded mine. The only problem I have had is I can't turn data on and off with the pull down screen it's no longer there. Other than that running like a champ.

Message 9 of 20 (12,672 Views)

Downloaded update ..no problems at all...running on 4g lte. Works alot faster now. No bugs found.
Message 10 of 20 (12,632 Views)

Do troubleshoot and it will install drivers. Then try again that should take care of it
Message 11 of 20 (12,631 Views)
Mentor

I got the note 2 turning off the data is not on the pull down screen only wifi, bluetooth, gps,sound, screen rotation, airplane mode, power saving, driving mode,allshare cast and sync is available
Message 12 of 20 (12,566 Views)
Mentor

Some phones get the update with no problems my note 1 got the ics update with no problems when it came out now im waiting on the 4.1.2 on my note 2 cant wait
Message 13 of 20 (12,565 Views)

Mine doing the same thing BelCoeur is doing anyway to fix this?
Message 14 of 20 (12,372 Views)
Contributor

drunkmasta just give it a try again. I was successful the second time. I just connected my usb cable & hit firmware upgrade & it worked. It's quite the lengthy update. I've had the Jelly Bean update since Tuesday evening & haven't noticed or had any bugs or issues since I updated.
Message 15 of 20 (12,171 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.