For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Gramps6591's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 4th, 2016 11:45 PM

AT&T Call Forwarding

I need your help.  I am having issues with call fowarding.  For almost 1 year, I have not been able to do "Call Forwarding"  I have a Galaxy 5.  I have read and read page in the owners manule to forward a call.  Needless to say, it still does not work.

Call forwarding

1. From the Home screen, tap ➔ ➔ Settings

Call Additional settings Call forwarding.  (In stead of Additional Settings I have More Settings)

2. Tap one of the following options:

• Always forward: allows you to forward all voice calls.

• Forward when busy allows you to forward voice calls to a

designated number instead of your voice mail number if you

are on another phone call.

• Forward when unanswered: allows you to forward voice calls

to a designated number instead of your voicemail number

when there is no answer on your phone. You can also select

the amount of time that the phone delays before forwarding.

• Forward when unreachable: allows you to forward voice calls

to a designated number instead of your voicemail number

when you are not in an area covered by your service provider or

when your phone is switched off

Always forward - Turned Off

Forward when busy - Forwarding to +XXXXXXXXXX

Forward when unanswered - Forwarding to +XXXXXXXXXX

Forward when unreachable - Forwarding to +XXXXXXXXXX

When I click on the Always forward, the next page does come up for me to add the forwarding number.  I put in the number and hit Turn On.  And this is what I get - Failed to read data.  Unexpected response from network.

So, I am asking ATT...............what is this issue???

Roger

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

AT&T!!  I posted this back in May 2016.  You replied that you were working on this issue in Dec of this year.  How long shall we have to wait for a function that should have been working all along??  If you were getting many notices and an increase of views on this thread.  Why is it taking so long to get this issue fixed??  A company as in AT&T should have had this fixed back when I reported.  I even went to your little out let stores and told them.  They told me there was nothing they could have done.  They were not even going to report it.  I even asked them what phone I could buy and have Call Forwarding work.  They said none of there phones did this function.  So, how much longer must we wait??

Thoughts??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Really! You click on "Solved, go to solution" and you get don't worry we're working on it. I despise AT&T. I was already quiting, just wanted to forward my calls to my other phone on Verizon until I get my service switched on my AT&T phone. Yeah, I can do it another way but these people can not do anything right. You've lost a long time user. I'm embarrassed to admit I stayed so long. Last one out turn the lights out

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Thanks for looking into this. I'm having the same issue:

BOYD - Moto 6G play

When trying to forward with *21*, phone displays this error message: "Connection Problem or invalid MMI code"

When I try to go into Settings/Calls/Call Forwarding or Settings/Calls/Additional Settings, the apps gets stuck "reading setting" and I can only clear it with a reboot.

Some other posts are mentioning Google Voice, but it is NOT installed on my phone.

Can you notify me when this is resolved?

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

I was told by an AT&T rep last month that the feature was disabled permanently by AT&T because of possible hacks and someone being able to gain control of your phone. They said you would have to call them with the number you want it forwarded it to and they would add it. That worked.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the follow-up, but this solution just does not cut it. It sounds like AT&T is taking the easy way out to solve a problem with their system, at the expense of their customers. I, like many other people, need on-demand call forwarding. I have a number clients that have offices with little or no signal. I need to be able to forward to landline when I am on site and turn forwarding off when I leave. I find it amazing that a basic service like call forwarding is not available to customers

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

I completely agree. I need on-demand call forwarding too but at least it worked for one number. After 18 years I think I'm ready to switch to T-Mobile.

BTW, that rep could've been lying. I've not had any other rep repeat it

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

Another update: apparently the rep who told me it was disabled by AT&T was telling me that because he didn't want to troubleshoot the issue with me. I just called AT&T again and they wanted me to verify the IMEI. I had already done this 3 times last month and they assured me they had the correct IMEI on file but this time they said it had somehow changed. When they corrected it, it worked like it was supposed to - I added a number and took it right off to test it. The rep was really nice and patient even though I was short with them. She said the issue may be different based on the phone model but I suggest called tech support. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thx. I've been on the phone with support. They said everything was setup right, but who knows? Might be worth another call

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

They told me everything was set up right too but the rep insisted to check my IMEI which I wasn't going to do because I already had. She also suggested something may have happened to my sim card but thankfully it didn't. I would call again and maybe ask to get the call escalated. When I called tech support I was transferred to another tech support maybe a higher level one. It wouldn't hurt. I would tell them as well you want to verify the IMEI on file

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

5 years ago

Has your issue resolved or not. Please tell me i have same issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.