The Samsung Galaxy S24
TuxZito's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, March 12th, 2013 11:41 AM

AT&T Boot Sound Disappeared...

Had the boot sound for a few days after updating to JB last week, but now it doesn't play. Have checked settings and find nothing. I have had a few issues since updating to JB and think this is just another issue, otherwise I wouldn't care about not hearing the startup sound. Is there anything that i can do, short of doing the typical 'Ol Go To of Factory Reset? TIA

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

@TuxZito wrote:

Had the boot sound for a few days after updating to JB last week, but now it doesn't play. Have checked settings and find nothing. I have had a few issues since updating to JB and think this is just another issue, otherwise I wouldn't care about not hearing the startup sound. Is there anything that i can do, short of doing the typical 'Ol Go To of Factory Reset? TIA

From what I've observed on my One X, If there is a cable plugged in to the USB for charging or syncing it will not play the boot sound. Also if the volume control is on anything but full volume it will not play the boot sound. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the response. I did have all volumes up except Media. It was about 75% up. I slid it to 100% on Media, rebooted and VOILA, the sound was back. Weird that the Media has to be at 100%. I rarely keep my Media Volume at 100% and always have heard the boot sound before. Weird situation....Anyway, thx billd104.

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

@TuxZito wrote:

Thanks for the response. I did have all volumes up except Media. It was about 75% up. I slid it to 100% on Media, rebooted and VOILA, the sound was back. Weird that the Media has to be at 100%. I rarely keep my Media Volume at 100% and always have heard the boot sound before. Weird situation....Anyway, thx billd104.

You bet!! Glad to help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.