For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
tucson146's profile

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 7:45 PM

AT&T Apps in 1 folder

I have a Captivate phone.  I've read that I can create folders to put apps in for better house keeping.

I would like to create a folder for all the AT&T apps I will not be spending money on to use.  I understand I cannot delete these.

If possible,  how would I go about doing this?

Thanks,  Bill

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

Why not just place all of your frequently used applications on one of your seven home screens and just not look at the AT&T integrated apps? I do this and I never go into my Applications list because they're all right there available at my fingertips with the swipe of a finger from home screen to home screen.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

12 years ago

You can also drop them from the Homescreens and only time you might see them is when you are scrolling through the app drawer. I keep the applications I use most on the homescreens.

Or download a home replacement application like Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher. In the preferences of the home replacement, you can "hide" applications so they are not available in the app drawer.

Mentor

• 

57 Messages

12 years ago

I am not familiar with the Captiva phone.  On the Galaxy S2, to add a folder:

1) Press on a home screen and hold your finger down until a "Add to Home" menu displays on the bottom.

2) Press "Folder".

3) Press "New Folder".

4) Enter the folder name.

5) Press "Yes"

6) To move an app to the folder, press and hold on the app, then move it to the folder.

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks to all that replied.  All good ideas.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

You're welcome.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.