Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 14, 2013
7:27:52 AM
View profile
AT&T Address Book not Syncing w/HTC One X Jelly Bean

Two days ago I updated my HTC One X to Jelly Bean. When I starting checking out the new features I must have accidentally wiped out my SIM card. I figured, "No big deal, I'll just sync my AT&T Address Book." However, it didn't work. I logged into the interface on a computer via addressbook.att.net and tried to manually sync. Again, I received an error: Sync Failure.

To work around the issue, I exported my address book as a CSV and imported it into my Gmail account, but I would really like to get the AT&T Address Book to sync again for future back-up.

Is there anything I can do to get the address book to sync again?

The other thing I noticed since the Jelly Bean update is that my meeting reminders are not on time (set to 5 mins before the meeting). I do not recieve them until several minutes after the meeting has started. I checked my settings and they're the same as they have always been.

My next step is to perform a factory reset, but I don't really have the time to back-up my data. So, I would like to try a simpler solution, first.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Smiley Happy

Thank you!

Liz

Two days ago I updated my HTC One X to Jelly Bean. When I starting checking out the new features I must have accidentally wiped out my SIM card. I figured, "No big deal, I'll just sync my AT&T Address Book." However, it didn't work. I logged into the interface on a computer via addressbook.att.net and tried to manually sync. Again, I received an error: Sync Failure.

To work around the issue, I exported my address book as a CSV and imported it into my Gmail account, but I would really like to get the AT&T Address Book to sync again for future back-up.

The other thing I noticed since the Jelly Bean update is that my meeting reminders are not on time (set to 5 mins before the meeting). I do not recieve them until several minutes after the meeting has started. I checked my settings and they're the same as they have always been.

My next step is to perform a factory reset, but I don't really have the time to back-up my data. So, I would like to try a simpler solution, first.

Thank you!

Liz

AT&T Address Book not Syncing w/HTC One X Jelly Bean

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2013 9:29:52 AM
(0)
Scholar

Liz87 wrote:

Thank you!

Liz

Hi Liz, What happens when you go to People>Menu>AT&T Address Book That should trigger the device to either initialize the address book or to resync.

Liz87 wrote:

Thank you!

Liz

Hi Liz, What happens when you go to People>Menu>AT&T Address Book That should trigger the device to either initialize the address book or to resync.

Re: AT&T Address Book not Syncing w/HTC One X Jelly Bean

2 of 6 (3,533 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2013 9:42:46 AM
(0)
Tutor
If I do that, nothing happens and the sync log says:
FAILED SYNCHRONIZATION
Error Code:
Details: Sync failed due to synchronization interrupted
FAILED SYNCHRONIZATION
Error Code:

3 of 6 (3,529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2013 11:15:46 AM
(0)
Scholar

Liz87 wrote:
FAILED SYNCHRONIZATION
Error Code:

If you try People>Menu>AT&T Address Book and uncheck contacts then Sync now what does the log display?

Liz87 wrote:
FAILED SYNCHRONIZATION
Error Code:

If you try People>Menu>AT&T Address Book and uncheck contacts then Sync now what does the log display?

4 of 6 (3,512 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2013 5:18:46 AM
(0)
Tutor
Looks successful..

03/15/2013 08:11:28 am
Details: (2)Added (0)Deleted (0)Updated

What did it add if it didn't snyc contacts? lol

Thanks for your help, btw.
Looks successful..

5 of 6 (3,492 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2013 9:07:03 AM
(0)
Scholar

Liz87 wrote:
Looks successful..

IMHO AT&T address book isn't really worth that much. I store all of my contact info in Google anyway so it's of no use to me. It will only sync the contacts on the phone and not Google anyway so it's not like it's even a backup for Google.  

Liz87 wrote:
Looks successful..

IMHO AT&T address book isn't really worth that much. I store all of my contact info in Google anyway so it's of no use to me. It will only sync the contacts on the phone and not Google anyway so it's not like it's even a backup for Google.  

6 of 6 (3,475 Views)