The Samsung Galaxy S24
Drewes's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 1:06 PM

ASUS TF300TL unlock for Germany

During Sandy last week I bought a new ASUS TF300TL in the B&H Superstore in Manhattan. Back in Germany I ordered a SIM-Card for this tablet, which I got yesterday. And what surprise, there was an AT&T Simi-card in the tablet and with the new German sim-card the tablet ask for a network-sim. So I believe the tablet was locked to AT&T as the provider. I can't go in contact with the AT&T customer service, because i have no wireless phone number, no zip-code and nothing else which allows me to come in contact with the support team.

Is there somebody which is able to help?

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

AT&T will not provide a SIM unlock code if you are not a current account holder.  You may be able to use a paid unlock service (can be found online).

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

can you pls provide the site id of a paid unlock service or free unlock service to unlock my TF300TL.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@nitheesh wrote:
can you pls provide the site id of a paid unlock service or free unlock service to unlock my TF300TL.

Try searching on eBay

Pick a seller with a good rating.  And you will also have some protection using Paypal (at least not have to give your credit card directly).

Not sure if the SIM unlock code for tablets are as easy to come upon as those for smartphones. But those are the most common places to get the code for smartphones.

You can also look on xda-developers.com, and lookup your device to see if someone has found a non-paid method to SIM unlock.  But be aware that hacking or modding a device in such a way can cause permanent damage, and may also void whatever warranty is on the device.  Do thourough research of the risks before attempting any such action.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

You can obtain the code for other websites as well.  Search on other forums (such as XDA) to get opinions on which ones are reputable and have had good success, and use good judgement.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

i purchased a asus pad transformer which is at&t locked. please unlock it so i can use the network in south africa. i logged a query TM20130214_60112738 ,, i have tried everything. please can you advise if there is a cost and i will pay. no problem. please help my email addres is [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

It nonsense that I need to have active account @ at&t. I paid full price for the device so how come they won't let me unlock it?

I'm from Poland, few days ago my brand new tf300tl came to me as xmas gift. But it's usless because of sim lock. If I only knew that unlocking wonb't be so easy I would buy T model or just get it from local market. Is there any support email address for at&t that I can write email to?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I live in Brazil and I am also having the same problem. When I bought the tablet on Amazon there was no information about the lockout! Does AT & T could not provide this unlock code? Someone got an e-mail to contact, since I also have no active account?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi guys, im in the same shoe...

If we could find a person who has an active account at att he could ask for unlocking. If i read well, one person can ask for 5 unlocking per year.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.