Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Aug 2, 2014
5:41:26 PM
APN Settings for Xiaomi Redmi 1s

I have a Xiaomi Redmi 1s from China.  It is the WCDMA version.  I can make calls and send/receive SMS.  But it only connects to Edge for the primary SIM (which should use 3G) and regular, not even Edge, for the second SIM (which should use 2G/Edge).  I tried the APN settings from the article below, but it did not work.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB424489&cv=820&_requestid=1224001#fbid=S-7gGeqI6uy

Does anybody know what the correct settings are?  When I try the SIM cards in other phones, they work just fine.

I have a Xiaomi Redmi 1s from China.  It is the WCDMA version.  I can make calls and send/receive SMS.  But it only connects to Edge for the primary SIM (which should use 3G) and regular, not even Edge, for the second SIM (which should use 2G/Edge).  I tried the APN settings from the article below, but it did not work.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB424489&cv=820&_requestid=1224001#fbid=S-7gGeqI6uy

Does anybody know what the correct settings are?  When I try the SIM cards in other phones, they work just fine.

APN Settings for Xiaomi Redmi 1s

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2014 5:24:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

those are the correct settings for most phones.

now you may want to search for one that has wap.cingular.com in it

those are the correct settings for most phones.

now you may want to search for one that has wap.cingular.com in it

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: APN Settings for Xiaomi Redmi 1s

2 of 10 (5,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2014 5:25:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 10 (5,144 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2014 1:28:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

I tried the settings above from apn-settings.com, but it does not work.  I can still only get on Edge for SIM1 and no Edge (just bars) on SIM2.

I tried the settings above from apn-settings.com, but it does not work.  I can still only get on Edge for SIM1 and no Edge (just bars) on SIM2.

4 of 10 (5,098 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2014 1:48:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

it may not have the right bands in the phone for your area

it may not have the right bands in the phone for your area

5 of 10 (5,095 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2014 9:40:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

The Redmi 1S supports 850 for 3G, which is one of the frequencies for AT&T.  Are you saying that AT&T may not be using 850 in my area?

The Redmi 1S supports 850 for 3G, which is one of the frequencies for AT&T.  Are you saying that AT&T may not be using 850 in my area?

6 of 10 (5,031 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2014 12:52:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by GLIMMERMAN76 on Aug 13, 2014 at 12:54:39 PM

yes I am some areas are different.

UMTS/HSPA+
850/1900/2100MHz

GSM/GPRS/EDGE
850/900/1800/1900MHz

those are att's bands for 3g and edge

the wcmda bands dont match there are only 900/2100 which att only uses 2100

yes I am some areas are different.

UMTS/HSPA+
850/1900/2100MHz

GSM/GPRS/EDGE
850/900/1800/1900MHz

those are att's bands for 3g and edge

the wcmda bands dont match there are only 900/2100 which att only uses 2100

[ Edited ]
7 of 10 (5,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2014 1:09:34 PM
(0)
Tutor
UMTS and WCDMA are basically the same. UMTS is the system used. WCDMA is
the radio technology used in UMTS systems. It should work for UMTS for 850
frequency unless 850 is not used in my area. I think that is unlikely. I
have used this phone throughout CA, and I could never get 3G.
UMTS and WCDMA are basically the same. UMTS is the system used. WCDMA is
the radio technology used in UMTS systems. It should work for UMTS for 850
frequency unless 850 is not used in my area. I think that is unlikely. I
have used this phone throughout CA, and I could never get 3G.

8 of 10 (5,018 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2014 9:53:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by GLIMMERMAN76 on Aug 14, 2014 at 6:38:04 AM

The phone in question only has band 900/2100 wcdma bands aka umts.  Look at the phone bands on the website for the phone.  So with this phone you will more than less have 2g not 3g.

The 1s wcdma bands only match one of att's 3g bands.  The gsm bands match which will give you edge and Gprs

http://developer.att.com/support/faqs/edge-faqs

so you would have to be in a 2100 area which by looking on the fcc site there are a few not many

The phone in question only has band 900/2100 wcdma bands aka umts.  Look at the phone bands on the website for the phone.  So with this phone you will more than less have 2g not 3g.

The 1s wcdma bands only match one of att's 3g bands.  The gsm bands match which will give you edge and Gprs

http://developer.att.com/support/faqs/edge-faqs

so you would have to be in a 2100 area which by looking on the fcc site there are a few not many

[ Edited ]
9 of 10 (5,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2014 9:28:55 PM
(0)
Contributor

There are some tricks, I had a similar issue with other phones in the past, but was able to fix it following this article: http://mmsapnsettings.com/us/att-apn-settings-fastest/ if the APN is setting properly and you still get the edge, I will think the phone doesnt suport 3G on the ATT Band.  Not much to do in that case.

There are some tricks, I had a similar issue with other phones in the past, but was able to fix it following this article: http://mmsapnsettings.com/us/att-apn-settings-fastest/ if the APN is setting properly and you still get the edge, I will think the phone doesnt suport 3G on the ATT Band.  Not much to do in that case.

10 of 10 (4,439 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments