Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 16, 2011
1:13:29 PM
ANdroid Game market any good?

ARe there any good games in the android market just wondering if anyones found any

ARe there any good games in the android market just wondering if anyones found any

ANdroid Game market any good?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2011 3:35:53 PM
(0)
Master
Let's see...

Angry Birds (of course)
Dragon, Fly!
Tetris
Many more!

Check out the android sites. They often do reviews of the games. www.androidcentral.com www.droid-life.com www.phandroid.com and many more.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Let's see...

Angry Birds (of course)
Dragon, Fly!
Tetris
Many more!

Check out the android sites. They often do reviews of the games. www.androidcentral.com www.droid-life.com www.phandroid.com and many more.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

Re: ANdroid Game market any good?

2 of 9 (5,408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2011 3:55:10 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks yeah im just looking into it planning on gtiing a new phone and was wondering

Thanks yeah im just looking into it planning on gtiing a new phone and was wondering

3 of 9 (5,406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2011 3:57:36 PM
(0)
Master
You can also go to the web version of the Android Market and browse through the available applications and games.

https://market.android.com/
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
You can also go to the web version of the Android Market and browse through the available applications and games.

https://market.android.com/
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

4 of 9 (5,404 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2011 8:04:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Wild Banchi on Sep 16, 2011 at 8:05:45 PM
I have the Angry Birds trilogy on my phone, as well as;

Action Potato
Fruit Slice
Ant Smasher

They're all great games. They keep me busy most of the time. Androidify is not a game, but it's a very cool and entertaining application indeed.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I have the Angry Birds trilogy on my phone, as well as;

Action Potato
Fruit Slice
Ant Smasher

They're all great games. They keep me busy most of the time. Androidify is not a game, but it's a very cool and entertaining application indeed.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
5 of 9 (5,399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 9:41:42 AM
(0)
Scholar
@randomcoolname please do yourself a favor and stick to the Play Store for games... All instances of malware on Android have come from applications and games downloaded from websites other than the Play Store (Android Market)...

I'm not saying playapk.org isn't trustworthy, but it is a bad habit to start. Stick to the Play Store..
@randomcoolname please do yourself a favor and stick to the Play Store for games... All instances of malware on Android have come from applications and games downloaded from websites other than the Play Store (Android Market)...

I'm not saying playapk.org isn't trustworthy, but it is a bad habit to start. Stick to the Play Store..
Sent from my Galaxy S 3 (i747)

6 of 9 (5,046 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 11:52:54 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by jii on Sep 5, 2013 at 11:18:20 PM

All instances?? The Play Store used to be ridden with malware. Malware in Google's market is exactly why Bouncer was released. C'mon now ...

Also, you forgot to mention that said apps are pirated.

s.m.knipe wrote:

All instances?? The Play Store used to be ridden with malware. Malware in Google's market is exactly why Bouncer was released. C'mon now ...

Also, you forgot to mention that said apps are pirated.

s.m.knipe wrote:

[ Edited ]
7 of 9 (5,026 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 9:41:52 AM
(0)
Scholar
Okay "all" is a little strong, maybe "all recent" would be more apropos... Bouncer and the Play Services .apk have nearly eliminated risks from the play store itself with app verification, especially when you pay attention to reviews and permissions as well.

But my point was that although it may be tempting to find these game .apk s elsewhere, it is nearly impossible to know whether those files have been tampered with or pirated...
Okay "all" is a little strong, maybe "all recent" would be more apropos... Bouncer and the Play Services .apk have nearly eliminated risks from the play store itself with app verification, especially when you pay attention to reviews and permissions as well.

But my point was that although it may be tempting to find these game .apk s elsewhere, it is nearly impossible to know whether those files have been tampered with or pirated...
Sent from my Galaxy S 3 (i747)

8 of 9 (4,958 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 1:37:26 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by jii on Sep 6, 2013 at 1:42:43 PM

Neither are "nearly impossible."

1. There are apps available on the market that allow users to check MD5 checksums. The main one I love goes off of a centralized lib and only lists apps from US devs, but it's still better than nothing.

2. To check if something is pirated, one would only have to check the Play Store to see if said app was originally a free or paid app.

Neither are "nearly impossible."

1. There are apps available on the market that allow users to check MD5 checksums. The main one I love goes off of a centralized lib and only lists apps from US devs, but it's still better than nothing.

2. To check if something is pirated, one would only have to check the Play Store to see if said app was originally a free or paid app.

[ Edited ]
9 of 9 (4,943 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments