ANdroid Game market any good?

ANdroid Game market any good?

ARe there any good games in the android market just wondering if anyones found any

Message 1 of 9 (5,446 Views)
Master

Re: ANdroid Game market any good?

Let's see...

Angry Birds (of course)
Dragon, Fly!
Tetris
Many more!

Check out the android sites. They often do reviews of the games. www.androidcentral.com www.droid-life.com www.phandroid.com and many more.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9 (5,439 Views)

Thanks yeah im just looking into it planning on gtiing a new phone and was wondering

Message 3 of 9 (5,437 Views)
Master

You can also go to the web version of the Android Market and browse through the available applications and games.

https://market.android.com/
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 9 (5,435 Views)
Highlighted
Master

[ Edited ]
I have the Angry Birds trilogy on my phone, as well as;

Action Potato
Fruit Slice
Ant Smasher

They're all great games. They keep me busy most of the time. Androidify is not a game, but it's a very cool and entertaining application indeed.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 9 (5,430 Views)
Scholar

@randomcoolname please do yourself a favor and stick to the Play Store for games... All instances of malware on Android have come from applications and games downloaded from websites other than the Play Store (Android Market)...

I'm not saying playapk.org isn't trustworthy, but it is a bad habit to start. Stick to the Play Store..
Message 6 of 9 (5,077 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

All instances?? The Play Store used to be ridden with malware. Malware in Google's market is exactly why Bouncer was released. C'mon now ...

Also, you forgot to mention that said apps are pirated.

s.m.knipe wrote:
@randomcoolname please do yourself a favor and stick to the Play Store for games... All instances of malware on Android have come from applications and games downloaded from websites other than the Play Store (Android Market)...

Message 7 of 9 (5,057 Views)
Scholar

Okay "all" is a little strong, maybe "all recent" would be more apropos... Bouncer and the Play Services .apk have nearly eliminated risks from the play store itself with app verification, especially when you pay attention to reviews and permissions as well.

But my point was that although it may be tempting to find these game .apk s elsewhere, it is nearly impossible to know whether those files have been tampered with or pirated...
Message 8 of 9 (4,989 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Neither are "nearly impossible."

1. There are apps available on the market that allow users to check MD5 checksums. The main one I love goes off of a centralized lib and only lists apps from US devs, but it's still better than nothing.

2. To check if something is pirated, one would only have to check the Play Store to see if said app was originally a free or paid app.

Message 9 of 9 (4,974 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.