For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Addy0521's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, November 27th, 2016 2:13 PM

A locked device was bought for me, can it b in locked?

My boyfriend bought a Samsung galaxy note 5 from a friend, well anyway, he was told it was unlocked, get it home, it is locked, can it b unlocked? If so what do I do? If not, what can I do?

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

7 years ago

You can try requesting an unlock code here: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/. As long as the device passes the AT&T eligibility requirements check it should be pretty straightforward. If not, maybe your boyfriend needs to have his friend complete whatever requirements are missing.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Ty, i will try,

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I have had my Note 4 for almost 2 years. I asked AT&T to unlock it and was told the phone has to be on AT&T for 6 months and then they will unlock it. I have been on AT&T for years but I did not know I had to notify of the new phone. I posted it to my account but they don't look at that. They said when you get a new phone you should notify them. They took my information and told me that after 6 months from the date I told them about the phone they would unlock it.

I am going to Europe and want to put a sims card from Europe inthe phone while traveling. It will be after the 6 months time for out trip so I will be ok.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

You can either wait the 6 months and put in another request or contact @ATTMobilityCare. Since you've had the phone so long and have been using it as a gophone longer than 6 months already, they may be able to waive the 6 month requirement and process the unlock now.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.