The Samsung Galaxy S24
cellnewbie09's profile

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

Saturday, June 7th, 2014 6:51 PM

4.4.3 Moto X

When is 4.4.3 coming to the Moto X?  T-mobile already has 4.4.3.

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

10 years ago

Over 150 views and no replies.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

@cellnewbie09,

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, AT&T nor any other carrier cannot provide an approximate date for updates because the builds sent from Motorola must be thoroughly tested so that it is optimized for the network as well as make sure there are little to no bugs in the build.

If a bug is found in the build, then AT&T sends the build back to Motorola to make a new one. This is the process for every carrier, even T-Mobile. It's simply a matter of it's ready when it is ready I'm afraid!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Why is the process so slow though for AT&T to test/rollout updates for their devices? I would figure that since the MOTO X is essentially an AOSP device with some pretty minor tweaks this update would roll out faster than those say with full custom builds like Samsung or HTC. 

This is a huge gripe that a lot of people have with carriers not just AT&T. Hopefully you guys will get it out pretty quick!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

I might be going for a Nexus device next time I buy a phone. I'm getting sick of waiting on these carriers to get their act together to roll out updates.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

@Rayosun wrote:

@cellnewbie09,

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, AT&T nor any other carrier cannot provide an approximate date for updates because the builds sent from Motorola must be thoroughly tested so that it is optimized for the network as well as make sure there are little to no bugs in the build.

If a bug is found in the build, then AT&T sends the build back to Motorola to make a new one. This is the process for every carrier, even T-Mobile. It's simply a matter of it's ready when it is ready I'm afraid!

Do you really think ATT is testing stuff?  To me it looks like there just releasing it without testing.  G flex and s4 owners would say that.  

If there testing builds the head of that department need fired.  I've seen more compaints about updates these year than the last 3 years. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Would sure like these rollout to be faster... Few Big improvements on this release eagerly awaited.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Well, we haven't even gotten to the soak testing yet, AFAIK. T-Mobile has had this out for a while now.

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

10 years ago

It doesn't look like we are going to get 4.4.3 maybe 4.4.4

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

10 years ago

I heard that 4.4.3 had some security issues.  So, hopefully we will get 4.4.4 soon.  

And hopefully Android L will rollout quickly.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.