03-23-2014 4:57 PM
Thank you for the reply. I also want to be clear that nothing shows up when I try to manually check for the update: http://www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdateArticle.
According the the two links on this thread, I am suppose to be able to manually grab the update. But when I try it always says "Your device's software is up to date." even though it is not.
03-27-2014 9:53 AM
Beginning March 25, 2014, customers will begin receiving notifications on their Moto X regarding this new software. For a successful installation, we recommend installing this update when the battery in the phone is at least 50% charge.
1. Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Tap the System Update message.
3. Select “Yes, I’m in”
4. Tap “Select a Product”
5. Select Moto X
6. After the software is downloaded, select "Install now".
7. Tap OK
8. After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
9. Your phone is now updated with version 161.44.1.ghost_att.ATT.en.US.
If you are not connected to Wi-Fi, please follow the below steps:
1. Tap the System Update message.
2. Select “Yes, I’m in”
3. Tap “Select a Product”
4. Select Moto X
5. Tap Wi-Fi Settings
6. Connect to a Wi-Fi network
7. After the software is downloaded, select "Install now".
8. Tap OK
9. After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
10. Your phone is now updated with version 161.44.1.ghost_att.ATT.en.US.
Software Version Verification:
1. Select “Menu”
2. Select “Settings”
3. Select “About phone”
4. If the software version matches the new specifications, the device has the latest firmware.
© 2017 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!