Posted Dec 16, 2013
11:54:05 AM
4.3 update news for Sony Xperia Brand Phones???

anyone have any news for us little guys with Sony Xperia branded phones?

i got a Xperia TL early this year....came with ice cream sando o.s...updated to jelly bean in march...

phone works fine......little if any bugs....

I love the Sony Branded products but little to my dismay it seems AT&T has stopped supporting this brand by not providing any new models, either in stores or online.

Anyways, seems like if you dont have a Galaxy you are looked down upon.

As of today, the only news i have is a link from their website about 4.3 "coming around the corner".....

for the Xperia "T", i think this means my phone.....?.....Thanks for being so informative Sony....

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2013/12/16/now-rolling-android-4-3-jelly-bean-for-xperia-z1-and-xperia-z...

thanks guys..

anyone have any news for us little guys with Sony Xperia branded phones?

i got a Xperia TL early this year....came with ice cream sando o.s...updated to jelly bean in march...

phone works fine......little if any bugs....

I love the Sony Branded products but little to my dismay it seems AT&T has stopped supporting this brand by not providing any new models, either in stores or online.

Anyways, seems like if you dont have a Galaxy you are looked down upon.

As of today, the only news i have is a link from their website about 4.3 "coming around the corner".....

for the Xperia "T", i think this means my phone.....?.....Thanks for being so informative Sony....

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2013/12/16/now-rolling-android-4-3-jelly-bean-for-xperia-z1-and-xperia-z-ultra/

thanks guys..

4.3 update news for Sony Xperia Brand Phones???

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2013 1:24:52 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello mtmoney07,

According to Sony's own support site, 4.1 is the latest OS version available for your phone and I can't find any official announcements from them about any other updates. Anything else would be just a speculation.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello mtmoney07,

According to Sony's own support site, 4.1 is the latest OS version available for your phone and I can't find any official announcements from them about any other updates. Anything else would be just a speculation.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: 4.3 update news for Sony Xperia Brand Phones???

2 of 9 (8,313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 11:20:40 AM
(0)
Tutor

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2013/11/07/on-jelly-bean-4-3-kit-kat-4-4/

well i know im stuck on 4.12 for now....

and i know 4.3 is "around the corner".....

heck, i believe i had j.b. before all of you Galaxy guys....

i was more curious as to why the falloff of support for the Sony Xperia devices from AT&T.

i dont know of one model from their 2013 lineup was offered.

sorta feel like im out on an island.

Still excited and hoping for new features of 4.3 on my TL

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2013/11/07/on-jelly-bean-4-3-kit-kat-4-4/

well i know im stuck on 4.12 for now....

and i know 4.3 is "around the corner".....

heck, i believe i had j.b. before all of you Galaxy guys....

i was more curious as to why the falloff of support for the Sony Xperia devices from AT&T.

i dont know of one model from their 2013 lineup was offered.

sorta feel like im out on an island.

Still excited and hoping for new features of 4.3 on my TL

3 of 9 (8,260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2013 1:13:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

posting some new info......

do you have anything on your end mr dmitriy?......

My only concern is the difference in the Xperia T - LT30a & LT30p which is definitly getting the 4.3 update and the model that was sold to me from at&t the Xperia TL - LT30at which wasnt certified as of yet.

Is this something that At&t is aware of.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/12/30/xperia-t-and-xperia-v-android-4-3-firmware-certified-with-build...

posting some new info......

do you have anything on your end mr dmitriy?......

My only concern is the difference in the Xperia T - LT30a & LT30p which is definitly getting the 4.3 update and the model that was sold to me from at&t the Xperia TL - LT30at which wasnt certified as of yet.

Is this something that At&t is aware of.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/12/30/xperia-t-and-xperia-v-android-4-3-firmware-certified-with-build-9-2-a-0-276/

4 of 9 (7,620 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2013 1:26:04 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi mtmoney07,

I have a customer that is in the same boat as you and comes in all the time with his devices waiting. There still hasn't been any offical announcement from Sony in the US regarding the release of the 4.3 update. I do know that 4.3 has been released for some of the international models (the LT30a).

The only difference between the two models is the Celluar raidos in the phone.

The LT30a has expanded LTE support and 3G support for international markets.

Hi mtmoney07,

I have a customer that is in the same boat as you and comes in all the time with his devices waiting. There still hasn't been any offical announcement from Sony in the US regarding the release of the 4.3 update. I do know that 4.3 has been released for some of the international models (the LT30a).

The only difference between the two models is the Celluar raidos in the phone.

The LT30a has expanded LTE support and 3G support for international markets.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 9 (7,614 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 11:31:47 AM
(0)
Tutor

So I see Sony started rolling out hte 4.3 update globally yesterday. Can us TL owners expect an update to 4.3 soon? Looks like a lot of updated features from 4.1 to 4.3.

So I see Sony started rolling out hte 4.3 update globally yesterday. Can us TL owners expect an update to 4.3 soon? Looks like a lot of updated features from 4.1 to 4.3.

6 of 9 (5,233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2014 7:53:11 AM
(0)
Tutor
Exactly...what does this news mean for US now that this is official???....I've been pounding my head on the table about this info and I feel completely ignored.... Nevertheless, my contract is up next month and I can't wait..gone are the days of being handcuffed by the carrier and manufacturer.... Friends, be smart and purchase stock, unbranded carrier unlocked phones and go from there....I'll hold my breath for AT&T to release 4.3 for my Xperia TL even thou its the moral thing to do and can and should be done.....eventually I will update to 4.3 using the ftf method on xda devs after I see a few test dummies complete the process.... Cheers TL family
Exactly...what does this news mean for US now that this is official???....I've been pounding my head on the table about this info and I feel completely ignored.... Nevertheless, my contract is up next month and I can't wait..gone are the days of being handcuffed by the carrier and manufacturer.... Friends, be smart and purchase stock, unbranded carrier unlocked phones and go from there....I'll hold my breath for AT&T to release 4.3 for my Xperia TL even thou its the moral thing to do and can and should be done.....eventually I will update to 4.3 using the ftf method on xda devs after I see a few test dummies complete the process.... Cheers TL family

7 of 9 (5,167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 9:45:38 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Feb 26, 2014 at 10:12:46 AM

AT&T's software support for Sony Ericsson, and now, Sony Mobile phones has pretty horrible in my estimation. I seriously doubt that they will release another firmware update for the buggy 4.1.2 update they released 10 months ago. Understand that carriers undergo their own testing and customizations after phone companies release software updates. It's certainly not Sony's fault that AT&T doesn't release software updates for it's customers.

That said, if you desire official Sony 4.3 software on your TL, it's fairly easy to do with Flashtool and the .ftf firmware files that are available at xda-developers. Not only that, you can select generic versions that are pure Sony without any carrier bloatware or modifications to the original features. It'll take a bit of reading and researching, but, in my opinion, was worth it.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

AT&T's software support for Sony Ericsson, and now, Sony Mobile phones has pretty horrible in my estimation. I seriously doubt that they will release another firmware update for the buggy 4.1.2 update they released 10 months ago. Understand that carriers undergo their own testing and customizations after phone companies release software updates. It's certainly not Sony's fault that AT&T doesn't release software updates for it's customers.

That said, if you desire official Sony 4.3 software on your TL, it's fairly easy to do with Flashtool and the .ftf firmware files that are available at xda-developers. Not only that, you can select generic versions that are pure Sony without any carrier bloatware or modifications to the original features. It'll take a bit of reading and researching, but, in my opinion, was worth it.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
8 of 9 (4,530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2014 12:02:52 AM
(0)
Contributor
We can't flash sony at&t version..... Thy block the boatloader.... I already try alot to rid off frm this at&t bloat.... Bt its not possible
We can't flash sony at&t version..... Thy block the boatloader.... I already try alot to rid off frm this at&t bloat.... Bt its not possible

9 of 9 (3,886 Views)