For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
mtmoney07's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, December 16th, 2013 7:54 PM

4.3 update news for Sony Xperia Brand Phones???

anyone have any news for us little guys with Sony Xperia branded phones?

i got a Xperia TL early this year....came with ice cream sando o.s...updated to jelly bean in march...

phone works fine......little if any bugs....

I love the Sony Branded products but little to my dismay it seems AT&T has stopped supporting this brand by not providing any new models, either in stores or online.

Anyways, seems like if you dont have a Galaxy you are looked down upon.

As of today, the only news i have is a link from their website about 4.3 "coming around the corner".....

for the Xperia "T", i think this means my phone.....?.....Thanks for being so informative Sony....

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2013/12/16/now-rolling-android-4-3-jelly-bean-for-xperia-z1-and-xperia-z-ultra/

thanks guys..

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello mtmoney07,

According to Sony's own support site, 4.1 is the latest OS version available for your phone and I can't find any official announcements from them about any other updates. Anything else would be just a speculation.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2013/11/07/on-jelly-bean-4-3-kit-kat-4-4/

well i know im stuck on 4.12 for now....

and i know 4.3 is "around the corner".....

heck, i believe i had j.b. before all of you Galaxy guys....

i was more curious as to why the falloff of support for the Sony Xperia devices from AT&T.

i dont know of one model from their 2013 lineup was offered.

sorta feel like im out on an island.

Still excited and hoping for new features of 4.3 on my TL

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

posting some new info......

do you have anything on your end mr dmitriy?......

My only concern is the difference in the Xperia T - LT30a & LT30p which is definitly getting the 4.3 update and the model that was sold to me from at&t the Xperia TL - LT30at which wasnt certified as of yet.

Is this something that At&t is aware of.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/12/30/xperia-t-and-xperia-v-android-4-3-firmware-certified-with-build-9-2-a-0-276/

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi mtmoney07,

I have a customer that is in the same boat as you and comes in all the time with his devices waiting. There still hasn't been any offical announcement from Sony in the US regarding the release of the 4.3 update. I do know that 4.3 has been released for some of the international models (the LT30a).

The only difference between the two models is the Celluar raidos in the phone.

The LT30a has expanded LTE support and 3G support for international markets.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

So I see Sony started rolling out hte 4.3 update globally yesterday. Can us TL owners expect an update to 4.3 soon? Looks like a lot of updated features from 4.1 to 4.3.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Exactly...what does this news mean for US now that this is official???....I've been pounding my head on the table about this info and I feel completely ignored.... Nevertheless, my contract is up next month and I can't wait..gone are the days of being handcuffed by the carrier and manufacturer.... Friends, be smart and purchase stock, unbranded carrier unlocked phones and go from there....I'll hold my breath for AT&T to release 4.3 for my Xperia TL even thou its the moral thing to do and can and should be done.....eventually I will update to 4.3 using the ftf method on xda devs after I see a few test dummies complete the process.... Cheers TL family

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T's software support for Sony Ericsson, and now, Sony Mobile phones has pretty horrible in my estimation. I seriously doubt that they will release another firmware update for the buggy 4.1.2 update they released 10 months ago. Understand that carriers undergo their own testing and customizations after phone companies release software updates. It's certainly not Sony's fault that AT&T doesn't release software updates for it's customers.

That said, if you desire official Sony 4.3 software on your TL, it's fairly easy to do with Flashtool and the .ftf firmware files that are available at xda-developers. Not only that, you can select generic versions that are pure Sony without any carrier bloatware or modifications to the original features. It'll take a bit of reading and researching, but, in my opinion, was worth it.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

We can't flash sony at&t version..... Thy block the boatloader.... I already try alot to rid off frm this at&t bloat.... Bt its not possible
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.