The Samsung Galaxy S24
SharkByte's profile

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013 4:52 PM

4.3 for LG Optimus G (E970)....HTC and Samsung are updating their phones, so when will AT&T?

Several articles indicate that both HTC and Samsung are preparing the 4.3 Android update for a number of devices (phones in Canada already have it) so LG should be updating it's previous "flagship" phone, the Optimus G, but according to tech support at LG it's up to AT&T.  The following was taken straight from the chat I had with LG support....

LG Rep:Unfortunately, although we are the manufacturer of this phone, we do not choose the features and or software the phone is equipped with. The service provider makes those decisions and LG issues the phone per their specifications. We do not manufacture the software. I would recommend contacting your carrier to see if they are willing to release a future update for it.  We install the software according to the carriers request and specification. The updates are then requested by the carrier and we assist on it.  Since the updates are requested and authorized by the carrier, we are unable to push a new update without their permission.

All AT&T does is send customers to talk to the manufacturers, who just redirect back to the carriers.  I don't think the customer should have to be a mediator between both parties to get accurate information. 

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

I have same question for AT&T. Why once a flagship phone and only 12 months old is not receiving any love (updates)???

Please provide an answer for this and do the needful. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I would also like to know why there is a run around like this I to got the same responce from LG and AT&T all I know is we need a update and soon I'm geting to the point of where if in the next few updates that are released we don't get I will file a complaint with both companys and with the Better Businesses Beuro please give us a responce these phones are just like a gallaxy s4 in hardware and can handle the updates no problem so there is no excuse aside from both companys being money hungry to not give us the update

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

10 years ago

So, now the HTC One is officially being updated to 4.3 and is already said to be among the first devices to receive 4.4 "Kit Kat". No reason Optimus G users should be left out in the cold just because the G2 is out. Wish there was a clear explanation to why some phones are updated faster than others even when released around the same time and are in the same family of specs.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.