The Samsung Galaxy S24
Fg8or's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 2:07 AM

4.0.4 update problems

Anyone else having email problems after this update? Here is my problem, my stock email nor any other email will not check for new emails unless it is done manually. i have my settings set to check for them every hour but its a no go. i have cleared all data from email and reentered everything a couple of times hoping this would fix it but no luck. Any help would be appreciated  

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

Did you recently update, its is usually a good idea to backup and factory reset after an update to refresh the firmware to its original state instead of just having it overwrite the current one, and it usually fixes most problems

Otherwise, you could try deleting your email accounts and putting them back in...maybe that would help

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Did the backup and reset, was such a pain. Email then worked great for half a day now back to same of not checking for new ones unless done manually.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

Check your sync settings in the email app AND the account settings...maybe one of them is turned off or changed, or auto sync may be turning off

Email Settings:

Go into the email app, hit the menu button then settings, then check email frequency

Account Settings

Settings -> Account Settings, and see if auto sync is on, if so, click the email account and make sure sync is on

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Ok will give that a try. I guess i must have turned off sync via the drag down notifications so maybe this will fix it. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

I had multiple problems with my update. I had to finally back up my phone and then check for the update. It said it was successfully installed, but when I then checked the software version, it still says 4.0.3. Also, when I check again for new software, it says "Install Interrupted: Current software is up to date...

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

Update: Reset my phone again and let the phone find the update itself without me manually checking. This is the first time it has done this, and in turn, is the only time the update has installed correctly.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

We must force AT&T to roll back this update.  I just spent 1.5 hours with AT&T and Samsung support to no avail.  They want me to do a hard reset as a first step to fixing the issues I now have with this update.  Yet, they cannot guarantee that this reset will actually fix the problem.  As you know, a reset forces me to have to re-install all apps, and contacts, etc.etc. like the phone is just out of the box new.

We did not create this problem...AT&T and Samsung did!  Yet, they say to us...sorry!  That is not good enough!  We need to fill the AT&T stores with people complaining so that their sales people have no time to actually sell new phones.  That should send a very strong message.

If they get away with this now...what are allowing them to do to us in the future with more updates.  Do you guys want to always be on the brunt end of this?  We pay so we need to demand better!

I am going to a local At&T store and am going to make such a big stink about this that it forces new customers to re-think their decisions.  I will do that until AT&T gets the message and rolls back this update to the previous version, or they give all of us new phone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Why do you guys continue to put-up with big company inefficiencies. We did not create the problem, but you guys are just taking it in the shorts. Do you like to waste hours trying to fix something AT&T forced on you?

They forced this update on us and it has screwed up our phones. We need to insist on this never happening again. Force AT&T to roll back this update.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.