Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 22, 2012
1:25:05 PM
4.0.4 update issues
Edited by kirktheturk on Dec 22, 2012 at 1:26:13 PM

Since I have done required update!

when phone goes to sleep, will not awake when button pressed.

I have to power all the way down and restart and back to the same ride again.

Works for a while then back to the same again.

This all started after update.

So if system programmer or tech resposible out there?

How you going to fix this?

last update did wonders!

Post your steps, please

Galaxy S2

Since I have done required update!

when phone goes to sleep, will not awake when button pressed.

I have to power all the way down and restart and back to the same ride again.

Works for a while then back to the same again.

This all started after update.

So if system programmer or tech resposible out there?

How you going to fix this?

last update did wonders!

Post your steps, please

Galaxy S2

4.0.4 update issues

[ Edited ]
12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2012 2:14:37 PM
(0)
Teacher

I called ATT and they confirmed that there was a bug in the software an after telling them enough was enough; I told them that the next step was to go to Verizon.  They are now sending out a HTC phone.  Funny because they said it would be an older inspire 4g, but the email states that they are shipping a HTC one x.  It does not matter to me.  Just a phone that does what it is supposed to do.

I called ATT and they confirmed that there was a bug in the software an after telling them enough was enough; I told them that the next step was to go to Verizon.  They are now sending out a HTC phone.  Funny because they said it would be an older inspire 4g, but the email states that they are shipping a HTC one x.  It does not matter to me.  Just a phone that does what it is supposed to do.

Re: 4.0.4 update issues

2 of 13 (1,793 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2012 3:22:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

You had a inspire?

I expect a resolution from them... They have a cell tower on property

You had a inspire?

I expect a resolution from them... They have a cell tower on property

3 of 13 (1,788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2012 5:49:41 PM
(0)
Teacher

No have a galaxy s 2 for now.

No have a galaxy s 2 for now.

4 of 13 (1,766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2012 6:10:10 PM
(0)
Mentor
maybe try boot to recovery and clean system cache
maybe try boot to recovery and clean system cache

5 of 13 (1,761 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2012 6:35:52 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have i777, never tried recovery. Been watching it for a while now. Did a backup. So far working. I will post more as it develops.

I have i777, never tried recovery. Been watching it for a while now. Did a backup. So far working. I will post more as it develops.

6 of 13 (1,745 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2012 9:47:26 AM
(0)
Teacher
Hope at&t fixes it soon
Hope at&t fixes it soon

7 of 13 (1,556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2013 5:43:31 PM
(0)
Teacher
any updates yet on the software update problem?
any updates yet on the software update problem?

8 of 13 (1,292 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2013 12:08:29 PM
(0)
Tutor

no change, this concern be fine for days, then just won't wake. Letting temper cool before I discuss with them.

and when I feel talking to Jack or Jill from india...Smiley Happy spending more time sitting around. I think will call monday early.

let you all know my results.

no change, this concern be fine for days, then just won't wake. Letting temper cool before I discuss with them.

and when I feel talking to Jack or Jill from india...Smiley Happy spending more time sitting around. I think will call monday early.

let you all know my results.

9 of 13 (1,246 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2013 10:28:19 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Jan 11, 2013 at 11:28:23 AM

Dwayne: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Visitor: yes att directed me here. since done 4.04 update when phone goes to sleep will not wake from butto. Must do a power down restart.

Visitor: this is Kirk

Dwayne: I am sorry to hear that you are facing issue turning ON the phone. Is that correct?

Visitor: excuse me tryin to eat lunch too

Visitor: not turn on. while on when goes to sleep

Dwayne: Thank you.

Dwayne: I will be glad to help you.

Dwayne: May I know the model number of your phone ? You can find the model number beneath the phone's battery which generally starts with SGH, SCH or SPH .

Visitor: sgh-i777

Dwayne: How long have you been facing this issue?

Visitor: baseband i777uclk3

Visitor: two weeks +

Dwayne: Was the device ever been dropped or exposed to liquid?

Visitor: on att forumn site others have same issue with this update 4.0.4

Visitor: no since update this occurred

Dwayne: Are you using the same battery and charger that came with the Phone?

Visitor: yes, which has no bearing on this issue

Dwayne: Is the device being locked when pressed the power button?

Visitor: no! when phone sleeps will not awake!

Dwayne: Is the phone awake now?

Visitor: Re: DON'T -> Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.0 UpdateOptions Mark as New Bookmark Subscribe Subscribe to RSS Feed Highlight Print Email to a Friend Report Inappropriate Content ‎10-20-2012 08:13:27 AM Had the problem with Sleep of Death and rebooting after installing ICS. Removed Easy Battery Saver and Easy Task Killer and used the OS custome power saving options. Problem solved and battery life is good.

Visitor: yes

Dwayne: I do understand your concern.

Visitor: it happens randomly

Dwayne: I once request you press the Power button and check if the device screen is going blank.

Visitor: it's working now. will happen unexpectly during day

Dwayne: I would like to inform you that the issue could be with the extra power stored in the internal circuitry of the device.

Dwayne: Let us perform few steps to isolate the issue.

Dwayne: Let us perform the Soft reset on the phone as this will refresh the phone internal circuitry.

Dwayne: Please follow the steps mentioned below to perform a soft reset on your Phone.

1. Turn off the handset.
2. Remove the battery and wait for 30 seconds.
3. Reinsert the battery and turn ON the device.

Dwayne: Please perform the above steps and let me know the status of the issue.

Visitor: I done that multiple times don't change any thing

Visitor: this is random occurrence software glitch

Dwayne: I request you to take the battery out from the device and press and hold the power button of the phone to drain the battery out from the phone internal circuitry to fix the issue.

Visitor: I try

Dwayne: Sure.

Visitor: powering up

Visitor: I won't know until goes thru day to see if occurs again

Dwayne: I would like to inform you that that the issue could be with the extra power stored in the internal circuitry of the device and as we have performed the soft reset and also refreshed the internal circuitry of the device, above steps should fix the issue.

Dwayne: After performing the above instructions, if you require further assistance, please get back to us, we will be glad to assist you further in this regard. Live Chat is available 24 x 7.

Visitor: att's note :You: u there connection slow since 4.04 update goes to sleep and won't wake without a power down restart Stephan: I'm glad to help you with your AT&T services. You: get that message since 4.04 update will goto sleep and not awake with button must do a power down ans restart Stephan? Stephan: I am only finding info about updating the G SIII to 4.12. Nothing about 4.04. Was 4.04 updated from at&t? Have you tried a master reset? You: take it all the way back? yes from att and on your forumn site many are having same issue Stephan: You may have to have Samsung help with rolloing it back to a previous version. You: I have a g s2 yes if you check att forumn site you'll see this issue exists i'll contact Samsung for now, but you need to review att forumn. I'll be back

Dwayne: May I place you on hold for 3 minutes, while I gather the information on your request?

Visitor: http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/DON-T-gt-Samsung-Galaxy-S2-Android-4-0-Updat...

Dwayne: I would like to inform you that performing above steps should fix the issue.

Visitor: nice

Dwayne: If the issue persists after performing the above steps, get back to us and refer the chat ID to assist you further in this regard.

latest response: 01-11-2013

[edited for privacy – please do not post full names]

Dwayne: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Visitor: yes att directed me here. since done 4.04 update when phone goes to sleep will not wake from butto. Must do a power down restart.

Visitor: this is Kirk

Dwayne: I am sorry to hear that you are facing issue turning ON the phone. Is that correct?

Visitor: excuse me tryin to eat lunch too

Visitor: not turn on. while on when goes to sleep

Dwayne: I will be glad to help you.

Dwayne: May I know the model number of your phone ? You can find the model number beneath the phone's battery which generally starts with SGH, SCH or SPH .

Visitor: sgh-i777

Dwayne: How long have you been facing this issue?

Visitor: baseband i777uclk3

Visitor: two weeks +

Dwayne: Was the device ever been dropped or exposed to liquid?

Visitor: on att forumn site others have same issue with this update 4.0.4

Visitor: no since update this occurred

Dwayne: Are you using the same battery and charger that came with the Phone?

Visitor: yes, which has no bearing on this issue

Dwayne: Is the device being locked when pressed the power button?

Visitor: no! when phone sleeps will not awake!

Dwayne: Is the phone awake now?

Visitor: Re: DON'T -> Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.0 UpdateOptions Mark as New Bookmark Subscribe Subscribe to RSS Feed Highlight Print Email to a Friend Report Inappropriate Content ‎10-20-2012 08:13:27 AM Had the problem with Sleep of Death and rebooting after installing ICS. Removed Easy Battery Saver and Easy Task Killer and used the OS custome power saving options. Problem solved and battery life is good.

Visitor: yes

Visitor: it happens randomly

Dwayne: I once request you press the Power button and check if the device screen is going blank.

Visitor: it's working now. will happen unexpectly during day

Dwayne: I would like to inform you that the issue could be with the extra power stored in the internal circuitry of the device.

Dwayne: Let us perform few steps to isolate the issue.

Dwayne: Let us perform the Soft reset on the phone as this will refresh the phone internal circuitry.

Dwayne: Please follow the steps mentioned below to perform a soft reset on your Phone.

1. Turn off the handset.
2. Remove the battery and wait for 30 seconds.
3. Reinsert the battery and turn ON the device.

Dwayne: Please perform the above steps and let me know the status of the issue.

Visitor: I done that multiple times don't change any thing

Visitor: this is random occurrence software glitch

Dwayne: I request you to take the battery out from the device and press and hold the power button of the phone to drain the battery out from the phone internal circuitry to fix the issue.

Visitor: I try

Dwayne: Sure.

Visitor: powering up

Visitor: I won't know until goes thru day to see if occurs again

Dwayne: I would like to inform you that that the issue could be with the extra power stored in the internal circuitry of the device and as we have performed the soft reset and also refreshed the internal circuitry of the device, above steps should fix the issue.

Dwayne: After performing the above instructions, if you require further assistance, please get back to us, we will be glad to assist you further in this regard. Live Chat is available 24 x 7.

Visitor: att's note :You: u there connection slow since 4.04 update goes to sleep and won't wake without a power down restart Stephan: I'm glad to help you with your AT&T services. You: get that message since 4.04 update will goto sleep and not awake with button must do a power down ans restart Stephan? Stephan: I am only finding info about updating the G SIII to 4.12. Nothing about 4.04. Was 4.04 updated from at&t? Have you tried a master reset? You: take it all the way back? yes from att and on your forumn site many are having same issue Stephan: You may have to have Samsung help with rolloing it back to a previous version. You: I have a g s2 yes if you check att forumn site you'll see this issue exists i'll contact Samsung for now, but you need to review att forumn. I'll be back

Dwayne: May I place you on hold for 3 minutes, while I gather the information on your request?

Visitor: http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/DON-T-gt-Samsung-Galaxy-S2-Android-4-0-Update/m-p/3247737#M32274

Dwayne: I would like to inform you that performing above steps should fix the issue.

Visitor: nice

Dwayne: If the issue persists after performing the above steps, get back to us and refer the chat ID to assist you further in this regard.

latest response: 01-11-2013

[edited for privacy – please do not post full names]

Galaxy S2 4.0.4 update issues

[ Edited ]
10 of 13 (1,080 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2013 10:37:44 AM
(0)
Tutor

Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode : check this discussion too.

It's a software issue. since didn't occur until update performed. They won't admit it

Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode : check this discussion too.

It's a software issue. since didn't occur until update performed. They won't admit it

Re: Galaxy S2 4.0.4 update issues

11 of 13 (1,077 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2013 8:31:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have been having issues since update to software.  For instance, when I take a picture, everything blacks out and I can't see a thing until I go back to home screen and start over.  Also, when I am texting, it takes awhile before the text posts and it's like I have a ghost image of the texts behind the one I am trying to send until it finally posts.  Anyone else have this issue and do you see any issues for someone that isn't eligible for upgrade until Aug and has no insurance on Galaxy S II? 

I have been having issues since update to software.  For instance, when I take a picture, everything blacks out and I can't see a thing until I go back to home screen and start over.  Also, when I am texting, it takes awhile before the text posts and it's like I have a ghost image of the texts behind the one I am trying to send until it finally posts.  Anyone else have this issue and do you see any issues for someone that isn't eligible for upgrade until Aug and has no insurance on Galaxy S II? 

Re: Galaxy S2 4.0.4 update issues

12 of 13 (1,005 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2013 9:38:14 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Taylarie on Jan 13, 2013 at 9:51:18 AM

My wife's SGS2 goes through battery in a flash, and the same sleep of death, has to pull battery to reboot. Started the very day she updated. She's fed up. She asks why my phone is fine. I'm rooted with Jellybam rom. AT&T needs to wake up and address this issue quick. But they wont, they haven't. Their head is in the sand. But they don't want people rooting their phones, uninstalling all the AT&T bloatware. Well here goes another one.
[3rd party link removed per Guidelines]

My wife's SGS2 goes through battery in a flash, and the same sleep of death, has to pull battery to reboot. Started the very day she updated. She's fed up. She asks why my phone is fine. I'm rooted with Jellybam rom. AT&T needs to wake up and address this issue quick. But they wont, they haven't. Their head is in the sand. But they don't want people rooting their phones, uninstalling all the AT&T bloatware. Well here goes another one.
[3rd party link removed per Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
13 of 13 (961 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments