The Samsung Galaxy S24
garak0410's profile

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

Friday, October 15th, 2010 1:28 PM

2.2 Out Now?

I found this article:

http://www.androidauthority.com/index.php/2010/10/15/samsung-galaxy-s-2-2-update-arrives/

Anyone know if it will be pushed out for Captivate? I don't want to waste my "one time in 24 hours" check for an update to find out... 🙂

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

The file you need for 2.2 froyo on captivate only is called 

I897UCJI6-OCD-REV02-Low-designgears_1_

and to revert back to "factory" 2.1 the file is called

I897UCJF6-final-OCD-REV0

I recommended getting both and saving before you do this. Both will open the Odin3 loader and both use the same steps found on the link. Enjoy!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

thanks you very much for the information.  i am not tech savy at all.  is it easy to get back to 2.1 if i don't like it or the official froyo comes out and i want to update to the official version??

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Also do I lose all my apps or just data?  I have an extra sd card in the phone with my music and pics already.  Are they safe there?  Thanks again for the help

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

13 years ago

FYI-  It is not an "Official" build.  IF it was official it would be available from AT&T and or Samsung. Samsung is still working on the "Official" build.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

It is not "officially" an att build. Though it was leaked through samsung. You should always back up your data. When I did both instals all I lost were the apps but any paid apps u have u can get back from the market without paing again. It acts like a factory reset. But once I was back up I saw all my pics and music. You only lose whats on the 2g internal mem not the 16g internal. I hope this helped. Oh and if att ever does roll out 2.2 use the factory 2.1 file to go back so you can get it OTA
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.