The Samsung Galaxy S24
garak0410's profile

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

Friday, October 15th, 2010 1:28 PM

2.2 Out Now?

I found this article:

http://www.androidauthority.com/index.php/2010/10/15/samsung-galaxy-s-2-2-update-arrives/

Anyone know if it will be pushed out for Captivate? I don't want to waste my "one time in 24 hours" check for an update to find out... 🙂

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

That is for international version of i9000. Not for Captivate.

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

13 years ago

But it can only mean it is coming for us very soon!

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

@garak0410 wrote:

But it can only mean it is coming for us very soon!

Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on how much needs to be done for AT&T customization and how long will it take AT&T to test and valid the builds.

In fact, the AT&T ROMs are build separately because of the customization and hardware differences (you can't use the international version of the ROM/kernel directly).

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

13 years ago

I would assume when it is released it would be downloaded through the Kies Mini they recently added not OTA.  Only reason I can think of why they intrduced the mini.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

It would be nice if AT&T made a statement about the update with a general ETA.

Are we looking before or after the New Year. Also per the Samsung press release, North America well be the second to last region to receicve the update.

Mentor

• 

73 Messages

13 years ago

I hope this has a GPS fix in it when it does come out.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

@skahead wrote:

I hope this has a GPS fix in it when it does come out.

Don't hold your breath for it. The i9000 2.2 release doesn't have one.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

Already have the 2.2 Froyo update on my captivate. Took about 5 minutes on my laptop and one click. Poof 2.2... Non rooted, stable, fast, and still problem free 2+ months later. Oh and for those of you saying it won be accepted back if I need to return it for anything. 5 minutes and its back to 2.1 factory. Seriously if you wanna wait for At&t to finally send it go ahead. But the track record so far = sept to nov then nov to next year, now its 2011 almost feb and still no "official" eta.... My suggestion Google how to 2.2 captivate. It'll take u like 5 minutes and its step by step, very easy.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Which program did you use?  Where can I find it

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

Site I used

You will need a program called Odin... its got links if the how to looks short thats because thats all it takes. 

Sorry here is a better site where the downloads are directly from the site where it was posted... all free btw

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.