Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
A

• 

98 Messages

Friday, October 12th, 2012 10:28 AM

Closed

Latest android update breaks wifi on atrix 2, at&t refuses any help

So as no surprise it will come to anyone the latest android update did nothing but add more things to our devices that we do not want, need, or can remove. It makes the phone act sloppishly and quite honestly appears to involve some graphics that I have on 5 year old phones, apparently motorola is just picking up on this technology now.

None-the-less the phone no longer allows you to set your static ip configuration in your wifi settings, or mine doesn't anyhow. I am able to enter it in the proper fields but the 'connect' option is greyed out so I can't use it or save it. The phone worked fine with the previous software and for whatever reason it wiped my previous settings and won't accept my new ones.

AT&T says they won't help because it's not "their network". I say if it worked when I signed the contract for the first 30 days and then after that 30 days at&t authorizes motorola, google, or who-ever to push software updates to the phone that end up breaking functionality that at&t shall become responsible for such occurance.

The two people in support I spoke to appear to have differing opionins and told me to call motorola who transfers you to the third world where they can't understand you, and you can't understand them.

Here comes another legal notice at&t, you guys usually do resolve my problems when I send these because my attorneys are very versed in contract law.

In the meantime if anyone on here has the same problem, or cares to shed any light on the situation that would be cool.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I'm having a hard time connecting to the web unless I'm home with my wireless network.  I'm thinking about restoring the whole phone to the default setting it came with.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have a similar problem. since the most recent update, my battery dies fast, my dictionary is gone, I have to re teach my phone every single name I use, and the phone will not allow me to turn on wifi. I can't figure out why and support doesn't help at all. Ready to restore it to default. I hate AT&T. I have a Samsung Note.

Employee

• 

355 Messages

10 years ago

Hello,

Thanks for your posting. I have sent you an email to gather more information. Please respond so we can further assist you. 

Thanks You

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

AND... Android Auto gets fried, mail is flaky, 

When does this crap stop? 

Not finding what you're looking for?