Explore & discover

Helpful Links

All About Your DVR and Receiver
Love what you watch and how you watch it!

Everyone can watch what they want with DIRECTV's DVR & Receivers!

Regardless of whether you have the Genie DVR, Genie Mini & Wireless Genie Mini or a non-Genie receiver, the DIRECTV DVR and Receiver is your gateway to a world of entertainment – allowing you to record, store, rewind and watch your favorite shows

If you do run into an error with your DIRECTV DVR or Receiver, the information here should help you Refresh Your DIRECTV Equipment, Reset Your DIRECTV Receiver, reset your Genie’s connection, return your equipment or anything else that you might need to get back on track.

Latest questions about your DIRECTV DVR & Receiver

I can not view a recorded show done on my main receiver on my other TV's I get the following message

I get the following message "Playback failed. No audio/video packets received from server"
by Woodlin on Mar 13, 2019 11:20 AM
4 4 Replies 169 Views

Receiver will only show one station. Changing channel is not working.

the upstairs TV/DVR works fine. The basement receiver will only show one station.changing channel is not responsive. On/off, mute ...
by klarsson on Mar 2, 2019 5:49 PM
8 8 Replies 202 Views

HS17-500 DVR failure to record

Nearly a month ago, an AT&T installer replaced our age-old receiver (H20-100) with this new unit and I was excited to try the DVR,...
by oldguy3 on Jan 30, 2019 2:50 PM
7 7 Replies 307 Views

Why cant we Watch not record a show we pick that is coming on later

We got a new box that records shows. Our old box you could pick a show to watch later so you don't miss it. With the new box it wi...
by Recorder on Jan 5, 2019 1:23 PM
2 2 Replies 216 Views

Slide show from computer to receiver how to set it up.

Step by step instructions of how to send photos, movies, music to the Directv receiver. Also need to know how to start slide show ...
by corvette1803 on Dec 28, 2018 1:56 PM
1 1 Reply 128 Views
Not finding what you're looking for?
Try asking the community! Use the Ask a question button to get started.
You must choose a board to post.
Ask a question