Explore & discover

Helpful Links

All About Your DVR and Receiver
Love what you watch and how you watch it!

Everyone can watch what they want with DIRECTV's DVR & Receivers!

Regardless of whether you have the Genie DVR, Genie Mini & Wireless Genie Mini or a non-Genie receiver, the DIRECTV DVR and Receiver is your gateway to a world of entertainment – allowing you to record, store, rewind and watch your favorite shows

If you do run into an error with your DIRECTV DVR or Receiver, the information here should help you Refresh Your DIRECTV Equipment, Reset Your DIRECTV Receiver, reset your Genie’s connection, return your equipment or anything else that you might need to get back on track.

Latest discussions about your DIRECTV DVR & Receiver

Receiver box not working

Master bedroom receiver has the blue indicator light on all the time. It will not turn off with the remote or the button. When the...
by Rjeffries on Oct 25, 2019 4:21 PM
2 2 Replies 259 Views

DVR runs a random system check about 3 times a day

The DVR started running random system checks during the last week. It happens up to 3 times a day and is not a quick process. This...
by Angela74 on Oct 20, 2019 8:12 AM
7 7 Replies 736 Views

I can’t manage the recordings

I know how to record. The issue I’m having is that I record a show, it then asks me if I want to record future recordings, I say y...
by CoralieAndChad on Oct 7, 2019 10:30 AM
2 2 Replies 347 Views

Tv won’t stay paused

Show will stay paused for 15-20 minutes then jumps back to live tv and all pause is lost. Doesn’t matter if it’s a recorded show o...
by EnchantedRealm on Sep 29, 2019 6:45 AM
1 1 Reply 331 Views

Channel changes by itself

For some reason, my channel changes by itself. For four days now, at 7:00 am, the channel I am watching (local CBS news) switches ...
by kwells1 on Sep 25, 2019 9:46 PM
1 1 Reply 291 Views