Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
marcoantonioa's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 3rd, 2018 10:33 PM

pay as you go

is there a plan or a way to only pay what i use, no need for unlimited anything. i only make 20 or 30 calls a year (dont live in the US), i use my ATT mobile device as a landline substitute. the number is used in a gated community and security requires a phone to grant access for pizzas, etc... i already pay $25 a month and use an other company for internet due to ATT slow landline speed in my area. if i stop my payment, will they cancel my number? it used to be my landline number and have been for 20+ years; i keep it for nostalgia, banks, stores, etc and don't plan on loosing it.  $25 a month doesnt seem much specially compared to what ATT used to charge me for a landline, still i see any number of cellphones for sale at convenience stores and prepaid airtime cards (no idea what they are). i want that, but with my phone number. i go only a couple of times a year to the US and prefer not to spend half a day at an ATT customer supoprt line/center/store. thank you for whomever can give me advice on how to achieve this.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

Yes if you stop paying for it you lose it. You can switch to a $2 a day plan (only charges on the days you use it) and only have to pay $100 a year 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.