Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
wasteofeffort's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 29th, 2018 6:18 PM

how long does an at&t Prepaid payment last? Can i get a longer expiry? if so how?

I recently joined at&t prepaid.  When i activated the account, my account expiry date was 90 days from activation.  I thought that every time i added money to the account, the expiry date would get extended, but that does not seem to be happening.  I added money to the account several times, and the expiry date stayed the same.  now the expiry date is approaching and I want to extend it.  I added more money, but the date only extended by 26 days. (would have expired Jan 2, i added money today (dec 29), and now the expiry shows as jan 28 - which is only a 26 day extension.

I've tried to find the account terms/conditions, but it appears at&t wants to keep all this secret.

I'd like to extend the expiry to a year or at least l much longer than a month (in this case 26 days).

Is there a way to do that?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Expiation date depends on the amount added.  A $10-$24 refill expires in 30 days. If your existing expiration date is already more than 30 days, then it is not extended. If your expiration date is less than 30 days, it is extended based on the date of the refill. A $25-$99 refill expires in 90 days. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@wasteofeffort

Are you allowing your account to expire?  you must refill before expiration date to extend the date.

auto pay would resolve your problem.  You can add funds any time with prepaid cards if you don’t want to attach to a checking account. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.