Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Colaboy's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 15th, 2019 1:28 PM

Unable to Login

I reside in the UK but I purchased in March 2018 a prepaid AT&T sim which I use when I am in the USA. I've had no problems accessing MyAT&T and the last time I used the sim was in May 2019. I will be in the USA next month so was looking to check my balance and top up as required but cannot access my account. I've tried to use the phone by dialling (*777) and now receive a message saying "Not registered on network". I know I use the sim card infrequently but I have not received any contact from AT&T to advise me that my number would be disconnected so I am looking for some assistance to allow me to check my account balance and keep topped up.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Call the international support number:

Support for travel abroad

FREE from mobile phone
+1.408.962.1025

Available 24/7

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Unfortunately, if you were able to access your prepaid account from the UK in the past, that is no longer possible. ATT has implemented some sort of security protocol that prevents access from most locations outside the US. Also, a prepaid account is automatically closed if the account balance is $0 for more than 60 days. Any notification would be by text which you can’t receive in the UK. A possible workaround to access your account would be to use a VPN to a US based network. Otherwise, the only way to check your balance or top up from the UK would be to call.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Tried using a VPN connected to a USA server but still cannot seem to access or login to AT&T systems either using my MacBook or Android phone. Also tried dialling 611 but this states phone not registered. The last communication I had with AT&T was a text message on May 21 which confirmed I still had $69 balance so I don’t understand what AT&T have done and there has been no communication to advise that they were changing anything with my account or de-registering me.

Clearly although I have a prepaid sim with $69 credit then I need to be able to communicate with them to see exactly where my account stands at present and to try and make a payment to allow my prepaid account to continue. As I’m in the UK then I assume from your earlier message that I’ll need to call them but again it’s impossible to trace a telephone number that I can call to. Do you have a contact number that can be used in these circumstances that I can call from the UK to the US or better is there an email address to contact as I do not want to run up a large bill cost for an international call.

Any further help and guidance would be appreciated.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.